Slider diver sizes

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Slider diver sizes

Post by Bearcat »

I've been using mini dipseys for years with some success but figured I'd change it up a bit and run some slide divers this season. I picked up some #00's because they looked like a good size for 10 to 15lb mono. Anyone have any other suggestions? The slide diver lights sound good but the ones that I've seen on the shelf looked a little big for Champlain tackle??
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Re: Slider diver sizes

Post by popster »

The small Slide Divers (00) are great for targeting fish in the 0-25' range. Spring-Winter
The Larger Lite Bites are used for deeper presentations. Through the use of accessories ie. Rings and Weights, you can adjust depths & distance from the boat.
I run mine with 30 lb Braid & about 48" Fluorocarbon leader.
Have fun
Bill
"POINTER"
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

The great thing about slide divers and lite bites are the fact you can put out as much line as you want BEHIND the device so it doesn't spook the fish. I also use the clear devices for more "stealth". I use both mono and braid with them. They come with different "tubes" to tread the line for the 2 different line presentations. I prefer the mono over the braid because of again, "the stealth" factor, I use 15lb. test in that case. But if I choose to go deeper I use the braid since I don't want to lose the device if a big fish hits. You can use "snubbers" if you want to use it in deep water presentations with mono.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Where do you folks get replacement rubber/ surgical tubing for the lite bites? Mine both wore out (with sitting in the boat all season) I tried buying surgical tubing online but cant seem to find the right wall thickness. really just knowing what the original tubing was would help me, my pieces wore out and tore and went in the trash before I thought to measure ID and OD
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

keithm87 wrote:Where do you folks get replacement rubber/ surgical tubing for the lite bites? Mine both wore out (with sitting in the boat all season) I tried buying surgical tubing online but cant seem to find the right wall thickness. really just knowing what the original tubing was would help me, my pieces wore out and tore and went in the trash before I thought to measure ID and OD

If you use braid, you don't really need the spring or the tubing...
Matt B
keithm87

Post by keithm87 »

No the piece I need to replace is the little .25 inch long piece that goes under the locking arm that stops the line from sliding the 1 inch PVC tube is still in working order.
keithm87

Post by keithm87 »

The little yellow latex pieces is what I need, but I'd rather buy a few feet of it, just dont know the ID and OD of the tubing.