Navionics App & Community Edit

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Navionics App & Community Edit

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

More and more are using the Navionics app on theire phone or tablets but there is a function that is not use or not known and it is the Community Edit.

What it is? Because a picture worth a thousand words, look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5jAUM8gO6A
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Re: Navionics App & Community Edit

Post by fishmaster176 »

My problem is getting the Navionics App. When I download the free app, I get a very basic outlay with no depth lines or points of interest. I have Android. Is that the problem? Is it better to buy the chip for my fishfinder on my boat or the app that is for sale on my cell/tablet? Just want to invest in the right direction. Thanks, Fred
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Fred, I've been using a Nexus 7 with the $10 version of the app. No WiFi/wireless subscription needed if you have a GPS chip in your device...you just have to download the chart area. It's a great app and it's well worth the small purchase price. The HD version doesn't enhance the android version, so don't bother with that.

Andy

PS: some folks are definitely using the community edit in the Split Rock/Converse area. I added the ball grabber one after I got hung up there last fall, but there are lots of other edits around there, mostly where fish have been boated. It would be great to have more deep hazards marked if anyone knows of others.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks for the info André.
Very useful as we can all share our findings.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thanks for sharing Andre. I went into my Navionics App on my I phone and found the "ball grabber" in the map and someone had placed it in the listings for those symbols. Very neat! Technology is amazing in real time.