water pump impeller

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

water pump impeller

Post by fishingmachine »

started the 9.9 merc in the yard with a hose and discovered the pump was not pumping water,oh oh,, Went to you tube and started watching videos,made a trip to Woodard Marine for the parts,ordered same. Found out that if I took it all apart and cleaned the impeller housing of all the bits of rubber that was plugging the port going up to the engine it would work just fine,So when the new kit ($109) gets here, I will replace all the worn parts.in the meantime,I can still go fishing
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: water pump impeller

Post by Reelax »

Nice... saved yourself some serious cash Frank.
Matt B
fishingmachine

Post by fishingmachine »

thanks,I also found out how to clean the carbaretor on you tube last year,that worked out really well also. I am a little leery about tackling issues with the new Optimax 115,however,its still under warrantee
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

I would be concerned where the rubber pieces in the impeller housing came from. Must not have been cleaned properly during the last change. Not as simple as it looks. Glad you're back on the water. Fred
fishingmachine

Post by fishingmachine »

rubber peices came from the old impeller,that's why when the new kit comes in I am rebuilding the whole water pump.the motor was new,this is the first new impeller