Seymour Lake May 29-30

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
Jdavismmu
Species: Variety

Seymour Lake May 29-30

Post by Jdavismmu »

Hi everyone-My buddies and I are planning our annual fishing weekend. In the past, we have fished for trout in the ponds of the Adirondacks. This year, we are changing it up and heading to Morgan VT to fish out of my boat for Salmon and Lakers, and also possibly some bass fishing. If anybody has any info to share about Seymour it would be greatly appreciated! I have not spent much time on this body of water. Excited to dedicate an entire weekend to fishing. I don't get to do that very often!
Jeff A
Species: Trout

Re: Seymour Lake May 29-30

Post by Jeff A »

hello you can call me and we can talk i am heading up this weekend to going to fish magog willoughby and seymour
Jeff 860-329-1522
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

I will be up there this weekend. The guys will have multiple boats chasing fish all three days. Spoons, streamers, stickbaits and a single blade with a worm behind it will catch fish this time of year. We will likely stay shallow and fish mostly in the top 15' of the water column.

Remember you can only use one rod per licence.

I can give you more info next week.
Jdavismmu

Post by Jdavismmu »

Thanks for the replies guys! Maybe I will look you guys up next week after your trip up there. Hope you have a great weekend. Tight Lines!
JTM203SOUTH
Species: SALMON

Post by JTM203SOUTH »

On Seymour Lake, Wolf's Point and the Northwest Bay have always been my favorites for Lakers. While you are up there , don't overlook Echo Lake which Seymour flows into. Best of luck.

Jack
1999 Starcraft Superfisherman 196 "High Hopes "
1996 Starcraft Superfisherman 170 " High Hopes Too"
Jdavismmu

Post by Jdavismmu »

JTM203SOUTH wrote:On Seymour Lake, Wolf's Point and the Northwest Bay have always been my favorites for Lakers. While you are up there , don't overlook Echo Lake which Seymour flows into. Best of luck.

Jack
We are actually staying on Echo for the weekend at a colleagues camp so we will definitely fish there. I know a little more about that body of water as we stayed there last year for a week. It is a very fishy lake! We caught alot of lakers and some bass. Thanks for the info on Seymour!
Jdavismmu

Post by Jdavismmu »

browntown wrote:I will be up there this weekend. The guys will have multiple boats chasing fish all three days. Spoons, streamers, stickbaits and a single blade with a worm behind it will catch fish this time of year. We will likely stay shallow and fish mostly in the top 15' of the water column.

Remember you can only use one rod per licence.

I can give you more info next week.
How did it go up at Seymour Browntown?
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

I was up there for a work weekend and did not get on the water but I can still give you the low down. We have freinds that come up every Memorial weekend and this year there was 12 of them in two camps and three boats. They did well this last weekend. Mostly lakers but they did get a couple browns in the 4 to 5# range and a salmon. Lakers came on rainbow rapalas and raindow speedy shiners around 20' down. They also picked up a few lakers while flatlining streamers. Both Browns and the salmon came on streamers close to shore in 8' of water or less.

Good luck this weekend and let us know how you do.
Jdavismmu

Post by Jdavismmu »

browntown wrote:I was up there for a work weekend and did not get on the water but I can still give you the low down. We have freinds that come up every Memorial weekend and this year there was 12 of them in two camps and three boats. They did well this last weekend. Mostly lakers but they did get a couple browns in the 4 to 5# range and a salmon. Lakers came on rainbow rapalas and raindow speedy shiners around 20' down. They also picked up a few lakers while flatlining streamers. Both Browns and the salmon came on streamers close to shore in 8' of water or less.

Good luck this weekend and let us know how you do.
Thanks for the info Browntown! I will have a report for the forum on Monday!
shirefisher
Species: all

Post by shirefisher »

Sweet, Seymour has been a lake I have wanting to hit on my kayak for a while...

I will be trolling with my ass powered propeller for lakers and salmonoids this coming Monday or Tuesday.

I will post back if I have any luck!
Jdavismmu

Post by Jdavismmu »

Well-i wish i had a better report for you about Seymour and Echo Lake. Fact of the matter is it was the just plain bad! Not a single release on either pond on Friday-Sunday. Roughly 14 hours of fishing. Various depths, ranging from 15 ft all the way down to 60 feet. 4 pole spread with various favorite spoons and stickbaits. I tried flashers, dodgers...Behind the boat 100 ft, to behind the boat 30 feet. To top that all off, how my fish finder is failing. It will read that I am in 1 ft of water when I am out in 80 ft of water...not sure if it is a power issue. I did install two electric Scotty's on the same battery (main cranking battery) so i am wondering if they are not drawing enough power...it hadn't acted up like this until i installed the electrics. Anyway, need to figure that out, and need to get back on Champlain! Beautiful lakes up in Morgan vt, but boy was it tough fishing!