Caspian 5/19

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Caspian 5/19

Post by keithm87 »

Decided since I am stuck working monday on my vacation, that I would leave work early today and go fishing. Went with a buddy who had never been trolling, hit the water at about 4:30, off by 7:30. Slow start trolled from shore to back side with no hits, but the back left cove always produces for me, so I was confident that we would find them.
Didnt mark much the whole time out, but had a slide diver fire rod start bouncing as soon as we got to the back section. Diver didnt trip, and fish wasn't home. I ran the same route I always run, along the 60 contour towards the back shore and then into the trench, around the hump and back. after the first loop we had the same diver fire out 50 and back 50, with my trusty Black dot chartruese speedy shiner. on the inside of a corner.
kept the same route and did another loop with nothing. We kept at it and in the trench had the same slide fire again on inside of a corner. after netting the fish the wind had pushed the boat, and the other side diver fired, again on the inside of the corner with a silver and blue hammered. Kept the same route landing 2 more fish and losing another all on the speedy shiner rod. Riggers did nothing deep, or shallow, fast or slow. Of the 5 fish landed 2 were keepers, and 2 were just a hair shy.
It was a good trip despite a bit of wind and chill, great to scratch the itch and get on some fish!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Caspian 5/19

Post by Reelax »

Lakers?
Matt B
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Re: Caspian 5/19

Post by keithm87 »

Yeah all lakers. Was hoping to pick up a bow or brown, but was targeting lakers.