Lake Eligo?

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Lake Eligo?

Post by keithm87 »

Forecast looks too windy for me on Champ. Gonna try some smaller body. We fished Eligo in the in the winter and caught a few lakers, and I have heard of there being nice bows in there as well. Has anyone ever trolled there?
keithm87

Re: Lake Eligo?

Post by keithm87 »

Headed there today after work. On the water at 1:30, slow going for first 2 hours with no hits and the rain sucked. Had 2 riggers a dipsy and a pin minnow flat lined. We were marking bait balls, and marking some really solid fish, but nothing was interested. around 3:30 the pin minnow hit, little 20 inch laker, ended up landing 4 fish and missing one more. Had 3 other releases with nothing there. my buddy vinny cleaned a couple of the fish we caught and found them to by full of tiny minnows b/n 1/2 and 3/4 inch long.
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

Glad to hear a report from some other water. Interesting that they were feeding on those tiny bait fish.
keithm87

Post by keithm87 »

Yeah, we were marking lots of big bait balls, and streaking fish marks under the bait balls. Eligo has smelt, so the balls must have been tiny smelt stacked up.