Ticonderoga----May 26, 2015

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
NY Ranger
Species: Bass

Ticonderoga----May 26, 2015

Post by NY Ranger »

Launched out of Ticonderoga this morning at about 0730. Found the water to be more off color than I anticipated and caused me a bit of a delay while I re-rigged some baits to compensate. Water temperature at the ramp was 64 with an air temp of 70. Slight breeze out of the south and conditions were prime for a beautiful day on the water. I began by heading north. Started out with spinnerbaits and swimbaits in about 5 feet of water with emerging grass. Caught two shorts fairly quick. Moved in towards the rocks as I moved on up the lake. Pitching a whacky rig I had to keep slowing down as the fish were scattered and not chasing. Water temps dropped to about 60-61 as I approached the bridge.

Stayed on this side of the lake until about noon and then headed south. Stopped at the fort and found the temps were a steady 69. With the water even more stained I again stayed close to hard cover. Though it wasn't a banner day I managed about 15 bass for the day. Largest one was a 5 pounder on the nose and a couple of mid 4's and several 3 pounders. All of this took place between the bridge and Buoy 39 Marina.

Here are a few pics of the better fish today.

Sea Hare
Species: all species

Re: Ticonderoga----May 26, 2015

Post by Sea Hare »

Nice looking bass. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Jon
It's not just a unit of measure !
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice pics, nice bass.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

glad someone is posting on bass. great fish.
Will nolan "swilly"