Pre-Spawn Smallies

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
Boatless in BTV
Species: Anything that bites

Pre-Spawn Smallies

Post by Boatless in BTV »

The smallmouths are apparently already starting to stack up along the Colchester Causeway. I caught eight this evening in the cut, all between 15 and 19 inches, and missed four or five more. This one was the biggest:

There was also a school of salmon chasing bait around, and they came past me at least twice. The second time I managed to hook up twice, but both fish threw the hook on the first jump.

Still it was a fun night on the water.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Re: Pre-Spawn Smallies

Post by fishingmachine »

we fished the south end of the lake for crappies using 1/32 oz jigs and fathead minnows,we caught 20+ bass,4 or 5 of which were in the 5# class,(one really nice 5# smallie)all using these little jigs with fathead minnows and 4 or 6# test line,what a blast.It was easy to land these big fish on this ultralite tackle because of the lack of weeds and snags where we were finding these fish,they seemed to be on the warm rocks and rip rap.lotsa fun if you get the chance to go.frank
muskytime
Species: Bass/Salmon

Post by muskytime »

Nice fish !!

Good to know they started biting, i was fishing salmon the last few weeks but switching for Bass soon !!! :roll:
Claude ;)
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1 wrote:Image
i am targeting salmon and catching smallies early morning and late evening. most 17 to 20 inches.