Cow Banks

Share info on fishing Champlain.
philb
Species: coldwater

Cow Banks

Post by philb »

Launched the trolling b's from St Albans today docks were in tried a few different spots before ending up at the cow banks. Only two releases both in front of the cowbanks 25 feet down on the southern end in 90 feet of water landed a small salmon 15 inches and on the northern end of the cowbanks in 50 feet of water landed a small 16 inch Brown. Both fish came on a Crazy Ivan Frosty lure running 3 mph. Never marked tons of bait but did see a fair amount of fish scattered. I am heading south tomorrow hope to fish all week leading up to the Rotary.

Thanks Phil B
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Cow Banks

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the update Phil... we musta seen you out there, we were on the Fishdawg with Homewrecker.... nice day to be on the pond.... didn’t see any boats land anything all day. For this time of year the inland sea is already dead... not good sign.
Matt B
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Similar results Friday while out just a short time.. not good for this time year.
philb
Species: coldwater

Post by philb »

Hello Matt

I upgraded the trolling B's last year and I was in a light blue Steiger Craft Hardtop the bite was slow but we did mark a decent number of fish not much bait on the fishinder though.
Thanks Phil
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

philb wrote:Hello Matt

I upgraded the trolling B's last year and I was in a light blue Steiger Craft Hardtop the bite was slow but we did mark a decent number of fish not much bait on the fishinder though.
Thanks Phil
Wow Phil we saw you in the cow banks from eagle mtn... what a beautiful boat!!! Congrats on the upgrade.. that should make a very comfy charter rig...
Matt B