St Albans area

Share info on fishing Champlain.
GSP
Species: Bass, trout

St Albans area

Post by GSP »

Anyone knows how much ice is left in the area? The cottage I rented is not in the bay. It’s facing Butler island towards the middle of the lake. There’s also a nice park in St Albans Town with a river going into the bay. I was thinking of giving that place a go if the ice has cleared a little.

I also saw a fishing access area in Swanton. Is the Missisquoi a good place for bullhead and carp?

Any tips and info appreciated.

I hope I can make a nice fishing report next Friday.

Edit: I fish from shore
Last edited by GSP on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: St Albans area

Post by Reelax »

In the spring you can get salmon in front of the mill river at the mouth of the eastern shore of St. Albans bay. It would be a good time of season to hit that whole area... good luck and let us know how you do.
Matt B
GSP

Post by GSP »

Thanks for the info, but I forgot to mention a very important point: I fish from shore
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

You can still get to mill river from the parking area at the end of mill river rd in St Albans. The other area you are talking about is black bridge and can be good for catfish in spring.
Matt B
GSP

Post by GSP »

Nice. Thanks! I love fishing catfish. I could set a rod in the rod pod for carp and see if I can get a few catfish with the other rod.