Converse Bay launch conditions

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Converse Bay launch conditions

Post by Greenhorn »

With the nice salmon catch this week, I am anxious to get on the lake. Sunday's weather look ok, but I am wondering about the conditions of the launch at Converse Bay. Does anyone know if it got plowed out after Wednesday's storm? I don't know what the Burlington area got for snow, but West Central NH got about 14 inches. It is a 2 hour drive for me to converse bay, so if I drive up towing my boat, I would like to get it in the water for my shakedown trip. Thanks, and keep the pictures coming!!
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Re: Converse Bay launch conditions

Post by tmcaul »

Went down to the Converse launch just after 2PM. The parking area has been plowed and there is no snow at all in the parking area or going down the launch up to about 5 ft. before the water's edge. The snow in those last 5 or so feet has been tracked by boat launching. No one was either parked or coming in while I was there.

There's a little bit of small, loose ice floating on the lake's edge. Not chunks or floes, just small pieces.

Good luck if you go out. BTW my son and I spoke to you and your son during the seminar last month. You were talking during the break with fishy1. Sorry about that interruption.

Tom
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks a bunch for the reply Tom. I will check the weather one more time and head up there is all looks good. Glad you were able to make the seminar. It is great to see other LCU members gearing up for the season. If I make it out, I will post a report, and with some luck, some pictures of Lake Champlain silvers.
danruss
Species: Pike, Salmon, Bass

Post by danruss »

Best news all year!
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Post by fishfarmer »

March 23rd. Converse Bay is wide open, launch plowed, no ice on ramp. The roads there aren't even rutted up yet.
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

very good going in the am thanks for the report much appreciated.
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks for the info fish farmer. I will also be there in the AM Jim. Hope to see you on the water!
Combsey
Species: Lakers salmon

Post by Combsey »

How did everyone do? Tried out of Westport today and had zero luck finding the fish
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

I saw several boats launch at Converse Bay today. It was a great day on the water, but the fish were not in a mood to play. We tried Town Farm Bay, Whallon Bay, and North to the Bouquet river and only managed one Pike about 5 pounds. Of the people I talked to, only one other boat landed any fish. That group of guys landed a few lakers. The fishing can only get better because it can't get much worse!! There was a skim of ice on the water today, but it didn't last long. It is great to get on the water, but it will require a bit more patience to allow the water to warm up.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

DOCK IS IN,green bouey down by otter creek and diamond island is 6" under the surface and poses a real hazzard.Be careful down there