Who put the "for sale" sign here?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Who put the "for sale" sign here?

Post by BottomDollar »

Malletts Bay. Just needs a little TLC!

Seriously though, I can't believe that thing is still sitting there.
kman05446
Species: salmon/trout

Re: Who put the "for sale" sign here?

Post by kman05446 »

Awesome job! The more attention we bring to it the better. Maybe someone will finally do something about it SOON! We need to take care of our waters.
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Might be a good line item for the state folks that come to the workshop to address. Fuel has to be leaking under the ice .
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Probably never had a proper boat naming ceremony Andy :D
bagman
Species: trout

Post by bagman »

They'll probably fine the person who put up the sign
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Post by fishfarmer »

If that was someone's car or truck, it would be gone by now. I would think it would have been considered a boating hazard before the ice came.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Evidently there are no laws that would force the removal of a boat from the waterways. I think the legislature is doing a rush job on a fix, but will still take time.
Smitty
Species: Salmon & Lake Trout

Post by Smitty »

looks like it's there till spring to me..
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

What about salvage rights? I believe in salt water It's finders keepers. Last summer a 40' plus Carver broke loose from its mooring near Porters Point and nearly crashed into our boats and docks 2 miles across Mallets Bay. I happened to be going out early that morning, which is unusual, and saw the boat drifting at our stuff, 5 boats , lifts, and docks could have easily been destroyed as of course the wind started picking up. I got a buddy to help, and after a struggle we managed to pull her out and away from our stuff. I called the state police who put me in touch with the Coast Guard, but they weren't that concerned since there was no property damage. Now what? I've got a 45' cruiser hooked on the back of my 19' Islander, with no place to go! Finally I see an idiot on a jet ski come over and claim the boat. I towed her across the bay and recieved a thank-you, and off they went. The people were not that concerned and were laughing it off like it was no big deal, and not the first time this happened. Cost me 10 gallons of fuel and 4 hours of lost fishing time. If I had not decided to go out at sun-up, which I don't do often, who knows what would have happened. It would have at least crashed on the rocks, or worse got all our stuff.
I was told later that if this happened on the ocean, the boat would be mine, but the guy didn't know about salvage rights on Lake Champlain. It was a very close call getting her away from the ledge in front of camp, and I was worried if once hooked onto, could I be responsible for any damage I caused to the boat? I can't believe the attitude some people have when it comes to owning boats.