WILLSBORO BAY

Share info on fishing Champlain.
grandpa2h
Species: salmon

WILLSBORO BAY

Post by grandpa2h »

IT LOOKS LIKE THE FROSTBITE FISHERMEN ALL FISH THE SAME AREA OF THE LAKE.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE FISHES MY OLD STAMPING GROUNDS OF WILLSBORO BAY FOR THE LATE BITE

==
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: WILLSBORO BAY

Post by C-Hawk »

My favorite place to fish in November is the buoy just south of the point. Make a pass 1/4 mile south , turn north and go around the point into the bay. Repeat. It is a long ride for Vt. fishermen, either launching at Willsboro or 7 miles across from Burlington. I have only fished it once in December and it is a lonly place. The worst weather the Lake can throw at you will be encountered there. Not many services on the NY side this time of year either. After all that, I would fish there tomorrow if it were more convenient. I don't believe there will be a dock any longer, and also Willsboro bay, at least near the ramp freezes way before Converse. If you can get there,defiantly worth your while. Maybe easier from Port Douglas?
grandpa2h
Species: salmon

Post by grandpa2h »

THANKS FOR THE INFO. THAT BUOY JUST SOUTH OF HATCH POINT IS WHERE I GOT MY BIGGEST SALMON,USING CHEATERS IT WAS THE ONLY TIME I HAD A TRIPLE,I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO LAND ALL THREE AND MY BIG FISH WAS ABOUT 4LB. IF YOU FISH DIRECTLY NORTH OFF THE POINT ABOUT 100 YARDS IT IS A SHALLOWER HUMP LOVED BY LAKERS.
pieman9155
Species: trout

Post by pieman9155 »

went satday 1 laker 26" 8 lb