Rod Gloves

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Rod Gloves

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I have been getting a lot of reactions to my Rod Gloves when I am on the water or at the launch. Here is a easy way to transport rods on the trailer. I just bundle the rods and us a bungy cord to wrap around the downriggers to support the top half of the rods from swinging in the wind going down the road. No need to store rods in rod holders or damage them laying on the floor.

The Rod Glove folks will be supporting our Winter Workshop on Feb. 17th! We will be giving some away at the raffle. I use the Spinning Rod size up to 8 feet. The spinning rod (large opening) 8 ft size that allows our guides to fit our trolling rods with ease.

They can be found at: therodglove.com

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Rod Gloves

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

That's a great idea Ron to strap those rods together. It saves a lot of space and secures the rods while travelling.
Those gloves are pretty handy to prevent the rods to tangle and protects the tips and guides.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

I bought some of these last Summer per your suggestion. I just bought a spool of velcro and cut it off to length, wrap it around a few rods. My boat is in the water most of the time, and it makes transporting the rods back and forth a lot easier.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Velcro bands are great to attach multiple rods together, but they don't protect the tips and the guides as each glove will. Both have their own uses.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Sorry, I meant to say that I use the velcro after putting on the Rod Gloves. Just holds them together better. I think Rod Glove sells something on their site, but a whole roll of velcro is cheaper.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks for the clarification... Good idea.