1st time on lake, 1st shootout!!

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Laker
Species: Trout& salmon

1st time on lake, 1st shootout!!

Post by Laker »

New to the site and want to thank you guys for all the help and advice this weekend. Great to meet some of you at the ramp.
Didn't get to the weigh in, we had a good 90 min flurry and kept fishing. Congrats to all that weighted in fish.
Good luck, be safe!
John
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: 1st time on lake, 1st shootout!!

Post by Reelax »

Welcome, what did your boat look like, we musts seen you out there..
Matt B
Laker

Post by Laker »

Thanks, I have a 16' StarCraft grey/white open, NH registration. Was a little under gunned on Fri but had a blast Sat. I GOT TO GET A BIGGER BOAT. Wished I lived closer its gonna hurt to put it away. Hard to find competent Hardy diehards to go up with me...But I'll be there again, you've got a great fishery.
Good luck, stay safe
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Welcome Aboard

Glad you got to experience a bit of Frostbite . I fished a 16 ft Sylvan all canvased with a heater for 26 years. Pick your days and places. keep an eye on the sky Knowing you can't Drown on shore. If looking at the weather look at the Diamond Island report for the Trench. It tends to be different than Colchester Rec report.

Best, Randy
Fish On!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to the forum John.
Glad you had a good time at the derby.
It's not the size of the boat that counts, it's the fun you share with friends trying to catch them. ;)
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Laker

Post by Laker »

It serves me well, it's got a big boat attitude!! Just have to pick my days. I definitely need canvas if I want to run with the big dogs. But I got a taste of Frostbite can't wait to get back. I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks
Good luck, stay safe
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

While I'm glad you had a flurry, not all of us launch at Converse, so I would say if you are going to be in the Shoot-out, you really should try to be at the barbeque, even if you never had a release. To me this is the larger part of the day.
Laker

Post by Laker »

Any other time I would have been there. The larger part of that day was for the Wounded Warrior fishing with me who doesn't fish like we do, knows nothing really about LCU or the shoot out and was like a kid at Christmas. I let him fish! No disrespect intended to the shoot out.

Good luck, stay safe