Some advice

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Chief III
Species: Trout

Some advice

Post by Chief III »

I am a new member from Mass and this is my first post. I am somewhat familiar with the lake and stay in Cholchester near the Winooski River access. I have recently gotten back into fishing after a long layoff (I would consider my self a rookie again)and would like to target Lakers and Salmon on Champlain. I have a 16' boat with a 25hp motor so my range is somewhat limited.My gear consists of trolling rods with leadcore and copper wire, a fish finder, and a fish hawk TD. I don't have riggers, divers or planner boards. I'm hoping to get up there within the next month. Any advice to would be greatly appreciated.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Some advice

Post by C-Hawk »

Bring your boots as you may have to walk even a small boat over the sand bar at the Winooski delta. If you can get out, you may be able to catch lakers there in the fall, but tough right now with your stuff. You need 50 degree water before things pick up. Converse Bay would be a better bet, but not yet. October can be the slowest month of the year, especially in a very, already, slow year.
Chief III
Species: Trout

Re: Some advice

Post by Chief III »

Thanks for the advice C-Hawk. I guess I'll wait until November.