Need Yellow Perch

Share info on fishing Champlain.
jlabeljr
Species: walleye

Need Yellow Perch

Post by jlabeljr »

Can anyone help me find Perch on the N.Y. side near Willsboro Bay. I have a boat, a fish finder that doesn't work. No downriggers.I do have Plenty of worms,a fishing pole,and a spinning reel. Oh yes and plenty of free time I have fished the lake since May not a bite :mrgreen: Thanks Absie
B-g-k
Species: Everything

Re: Need Yellow Perch

Post by B-g-k »

I'm up for the week, we've been catching lots of them over 9" in Trombley bay on worms, Jigheads with a rubber grub and trolling small spinners. Haven't kept any yet, but we've easily caught 25 keepers in just a couple hours playing around.z
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Pretend you're fishing for Bass. It works for me. :) They seem to be active in @ 10-15' of water. Use the worms. Still the best bait in LC.
karl

Post by karl »

Dress yourself as a cormorant...
jlabeljr

Post by jlabeljr »

B-g-k wrote:I'm up for the week, we've been catching lots of them over 9" in Trombley bay on worms, Jigheads with a rubber grub and trolling small spinners. Haven't kept any yet, but we've easily caught 25 keepers in just a couple hours playing around.z
Thanks for the info will give it a try any specifics to location depth distance from shore or direction from launch.
jlabeljr

Post by jlabeljr »

karl wrote:Dress yourself as a cormorant...
No Thanks