Paddling Companion Wanted - Lake Champlain

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Miyata
Species: None

Paddling Companion Wanted - Lake Champlain

Post by Miyata »

I've just joined this forum with the idea that I might find someone to join me for a paddling trip on Champlain beginning August 14 in Swanson on Missisquoi to Champlain and south as far as Benson landing. I have planned this for a long time; having second thoughts about going alone. Would you know if there is a way to post this somewhere that I might find a companion? Mona, Binghamton, NY Respond also to girllovesbikes@gmail.com
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Paddling Companion Wanted - Lake Champlain

Post by raz »

Best of luck...
I've made this post a "sticky" so it will stay on top of everything else for a while. Hope it helps you.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Are you the same person who asked Ludo about this sort of thing? If not you may want to hook up with them, sounds like they were doing the same thing.... Maybe it was swimming the lake, I can't remember...
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Darren Miller sent me this email:

I am reaching out today in efforts to locate knowledgeable fisherman/guides who would be willing to assist us with questions on Lake Champlain, or interested in joining us on quite a journey.

We are building a 3-day expedition (volunteer/guide services can be a much shorter length depending on availability) this September to complete a non-stop, marathon swim across the lake. We completed a similar feat in Lake Powell, Arizona, last summer, and are looking to go further to set a new distance record.

We are asking for information about weather, water quality, areas to avoid, etc. We are also interested specifically in the southern region of the lake, near Whitehall, and the 35ish miles to the north. We are looking for a low-cost boat rental/donation which can be used to navigate close to the swimmer, while the houseboat floats nearby. The pilot is more than welcome to navigate their own boat to assist.

We would love to tell you more about this amazing journey, and hope you will be willing to reach out to assist. I promise this will be an incredibly rewarding experience should you choose to help!

With sincere gratitude,
Darren Miller
dmiller@darren-miller.com, 724-594-7625
Matt B
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

@Mona...I have asked a friend to repost your "Paddling Companion Wanted" post to the kayaking group of the Women of UVM. The Women of UVM (the University of Vermont) is a women's' club whose members hike, kayaks, snowshoe, ski, etc. They are not students but older women. I hope this leads to a companion for you.

Tom
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund