Norm's Derby 7-15-17

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Striperking
Species: Salmon Trout

Norm's Derby 7-15-17

Post by Striperking »

Although I won't be able to make Norm's Derby due to the death of a real good buddy, I thought a little plug for the derby was in order. Norm runs a very nice low key derby with prize money given and some bragging rights bestowed on some of the winners. But the biggest winners of the derby are the kids that benefit from the fishing gear that Norm donates from a portion of the entry fees. There's lots of families in the surrounding area that can't afford too many "luxuries" for their kids. Fishing poles and equipment are sure to put some smiles on those faces. So if you are going to fish tomorrow anyway, why not stop by Norm's and enter the derby.....or make a donation $$$$ Call the shop for details.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Norm's Derby 7-15-17

Post by Reelax »

Wow would have liked to fish this if I had a little more runway... Maybe fishing again tomorrow, but don't think I will be able to get to Norms to enter....

Good luck to all...
Matt B
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Donations for next years fishing derby can also be mailed to the Ticonderoga Elks Lodge. Huge turn out this year. Luckily my contact and with help from Walmart two lucky kids went home with nice kayaks for prizes. Everyone gets treated to hot dogs and burgers along with the kids getting fishing poles and tackle boxes. Norms wife Carol packages fresh worms out of flats all day so the kids have fresh bait!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

I always try to fish Norms derby as it is for a good cause and it always seems very fair,Unfortunately,I can't do it this year as I have previous commitments,good luck to everyone,looks like its gonna be a nice weather day,too