What the H-E- Double Hockey sticks is going on with this site?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: What the H-E- Double Hockey sticks is going on with this site?

Post by C-Hawk »

Lets start some real controversy, which lure is better, Honeybee or Crazy Ivan?
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

It is my humble opinion that fish learn what lures NOT to hit,especially in waters where catch and release is common,therefore,using brand new lures or new colors is more important than what brand is being used.I think that's why certain new lures are hot one year and then don't work the next year.Of course, the lure manufacturers always bring their new colors to the hatchery to imprint the smolts to get them excited about the different new colors so they will hit them when they get to legal size.that way you will have to buy new lures!
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

fishingmachine wrote:Of course, the lure manufacturers always bring their new colors to the hatchery to imprint the smolts to get them excited about the different new colors so they will hit them when they get to legal size.that way you will have to buy new lures!
Now why didn't I think of that???
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

All I will say is that nothing is perfect, but to put things in perspective, I was a member of the "other" forum for about a month before I bailed. I do believe that the mission of LCU is alive and well. I was invited to LCU and am happy to remain. We all say things we shouldn't and don't always react correctly, but I do think the administrators keep a good handle on things. Not an easy task when dealing with a passion like fishing. Go fishing. It is the cure for what ails you.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

fishingmachine wrote:It is my humble opinion that fish learn what lures NOT to hit,especially in waters where catch and release is common,therefore,using brand new lures or new colors is more important than what brand is being used.I think that's why certain new lures are hot one year and then don't work the next year.Of course, the lure manufacturers always bring their new colors to the hatchery to imprint the smolts to get them excited about the different new colors so they will hit them when they get to legal size.that way you will have to buy new lures!
I was wondering how they could know? Now I know! :D
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

This thread is really becoming multi-faceted, lets put most of this one to bed, and we could start a new one wth the lure comments. DB is still haunting us?????