Champlain Radio freqs.--Law Enforcement?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
karl

Champlain Radio freqs.--Law Enforcement?

Post by karl »

Does anyone have a fairly complete list of all water-police that operate on Champlain, including SAR freqs. of NYSP aviation unit out of Saranac?

I have a Standard Horizon HX370S, currently programmed with freqs. of LEOs I routinely worked with before recent retirement...these I programmed as both receive and transmit, but memory will be cleared and only receive freqs. entered. Besides non-volatile marine channels and WX channels, the handheld can have up to 40 additional land-mobile VHF freqs. entered as either receive only or transmit/receive.

With fire depts., USCG, NYSP, NYSDEC, etc., 40 channels may not be enough, but I'll prioritize...I'm interested in both NYS and VT agencies that operate on the lake in a law-enforcement and SAR capacity.

Any nerds here? I have the SH programming software, and a copy of their interface cable, since the genuine article is not sold to the public.
For me, buying the HX370S was a great boon while working both NYS and fed LEO jobs, as it circumvented carrying 3 different handhelds in the car, and they had to be signed-out because there were not enough for everyone except while actually on duty. Now, just hobby.
karl

Re: Champlain Radio freqs.--Law Enforcement?

Post by karl »

Nobody? I'm sure the drug and human smuggling cartels have every frequency, but I also assume that encryption by agencies has gotten pretty common along the border, as well as digital-voice vs. FM, as well as cellphone use for privacy.