Lake Trout Angler Mortality??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Re: Lake Trout Angler Mortality??

Post by dickbaker »

Keith, Thanks for the search info. I had forgotten all about that Post?? It does sound a lot like a Goody, Goody preaching? I have to apologize to C-Hunt.

Dick
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Someone needs to fix his keyboard....using ? Instead of a . is just ignorant. I think everyone on this forum knows how to safely release a laker for the most part. Length of the fight and surface temp are big factors. I cringe when I see hands in gills myself. Single over treble is also helpful. I wonder how dick can stirr the pot up next? You heathens and your GAS powered, pollution-spewing boats in our beautiful lake champlain?
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

I think reality is we all know right from wrong. I will be the first to admit that my go to laker lures are treble set-ups. Not because they are trebles, but because as has been pointed out by tamiron in the past changing a hook impacts the action, and chartreuse and black dot speedy shiners flat out produce when laker fishing as do spin n glo's. If I could find a setup that got as many strikes I would use it. But the reality is these are stocked fish, they have a finite life cycle that in no way impacts the life cycle of any other fish in the future. If I hook a laker and it dies after release, the state will be putting a new one in in the spring to replace it. Champ has a very healthy laker population, and as long as the state stocks it that will remain. While this may be a very human centric, screw nature view of the situation, the reality is that if the state stopped stocking the lake, and banned laker fishing, in 10 years there would be no lake trout. We are why they exist, I don't see anyone worried about the mortality of farm raised salmon, or cows, champlain is in essence just a giant cold water fish farm. Now if they can get them breeding and have the fry survive that would change my view.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I do apologize for real
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I would love to read some of your articles Dick, please post some links them them. And pics of the Starcraft you said you have would be great too. I still DNF believe you are a real person to be clear. I only know one person who causes so much trouble on fishing forums and he is banned here....
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

To be clear Chawk is not the problem here, and is a well respected, highly contributing, much appreciated member to this forum and going after him personally will NOT be tolerated. DICK You are now warned. There will be no 2nd warning.
Matt B
Bocco
Species: The ones that bite

Post by Bocco »

Reelax wrote:To be clear Chawk is not the problem here, and is a well respected, highly contributing, much appreciated member to this forum and going after him personally will NOT be tolerated. DICK You are now warned. There will be no 2nd warning.
I am sorry if I added anything to this situation. I don't think I did. But I did make a sarcastic remark.
I thought that this forum was a place to share, and of course poke and have fun.
I am sorry I asked for more popcorn.
I hope everyone can take a deep breath and calm down.

I will be sure to be careful on what my opinions and thoughts are before I post.

Thanks to mods for staying on top of this Russian influenced conflict. "trying to be funny"

Too much time complaining, when we could be fishing
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Reelax wrote:To be clear Chawk is not the problem here, and is a well respected, highly contributing, much appreciated member to this forum and going after him personally will NOT be tolerated. DICK You are now warned. There will be no 2nd warning.
I know that c-hawk guy an can vouch that he is a real peace of work :D if it wasn't for a rainbow speedy shiner he wouldn't catch chit
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Hairbone wrote:
I know that c-hawk guy an can vouch that he is a real peace of work :D if it wasn't for a rainbow speedy shiner he wouldn't catch chit
At least I won't stoop to using Chinese lures, but it is funny that you say I am a real piece of work, because that's the same thing my wife says.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

That rainbow Speedy landed C-Hawk and I a 2nd place Basin derby steelie last year on his boat. Gotta be the boat and that lure! :)
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

C-Hawk wrote:I do apologize for real
Me Too! Dick
dickbaker

Post by dickbaker »

Reelax? Its been a fun ride since I joined in 2011. Never been threatened by a Moderator??
Dick
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Interesting article. I use a landing craddle and it seems from the article that I'm doing the right thing
https://dr6j45jk9xcmk.cloudfront.net/do ... 228125.pdf
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:That rainbow Speedy landed C-Hawk and I a 2nd place Basin derby steelie last year on his boat. Gotta be the boat and that lure! :)
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, I haven't caught "chit" on the ole RTSS this year, I'm going to blame it on Harry, stealing my Mojo