Rotory is a joke

Share info on fishing Champlain.
4sixty
Species: Sal/trout

Rotory is a joke

Post by 4sixty »

:D just herd back from Bonnie black after weeks told me I had to be at awards to get my prize but she had to check cause she was out of it for a few years . I told her check rules is good place to start . Rules say different .
Place is terrible on getting back to you except when they get your 50buvkd they hurry to thank you but if you want s free session it's not going to happen . Well I never hear from them again cause I not paying that high fee no.more so my last entry to s unorganized place . I don't care if they pay me my money or not but no more support from me idiots rules are rules not just ones they want to follow jerks
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Rotory is a joke

Post by Reelax »

Sounds familiar...., once that derby has your cash they stop talking to you... Samething happened to me 8-9'years ago, and same person was involved...
Matt B
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

My grandson weighed in a 10.3 lb Laker at the close of Day 2 at Apple Island. When the fish was placed on the scale, the weigh station manager asked us if it was a Salmon or a Trout. She also didn't offer to give us each the 2 signed HIGH FIVE forms that the Rotary said would go with each registration. She thought a fish had to be weighed in to receive them. Couldn't believe this was going on at the end of DAY 2
Not a very well organized derby
Bill
"POINTER"
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Popster wrote:My grandson weighed in a 10.3 lb Laker at the close of Day 2 at Apple Island. When the fish was placed on the scale, the weigh station manager asked us if it was a Salmon or a Trout. She also didn't offer to give us each the 2 signed HIGH FIVE forms that the Rotary said would go with each registration. She thought a fish had to be weighed in to receive them. Couldn't believe this was going on at the end of DAY 2
Not a very well organized derby
Getting good....got my bag of popcorn.
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Post by dickbaker »

Almost all volunteer help. Sometimes with not much fish knowledge?? If you want to give up three days of your time to improve the service I recommend that you offer to help??
Dick
4sixty
Species: Sal/trout

Post by 4sixty »

Got email from Bonnie this morn says the cutting me a check . Thanks
FishDR
Species: Salmon

Post by FishDR »

They don't know there own rules? What kind of an outfit is this? Last day of tourney 1 year I had a Salmon big enough to weigh 4#8oz. Just wanted to see what it weighed. Brought to the scale and they weighed it,never said it was big enough for 5th place At the time. Was beat by a 4#13oz.We could hardly see the dry erase board scribbling for the top five fish! Lol! What a joke!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

we weighed our fish in port henry and they asked us what kind of fish they were. one said its the ist time they saw a whole lake trout. my son and i went back out thinking hope everyone is honest. at the awards one of the winning fish in the salmon division 2 guys went up and disputed his catch. couldnt hear why though. every time we were at that station they would ask the person what species it was. there all volunteers and were very nice but not very informed. the money goes back to the community and thats a good thing but they should get the volunteers more informed before day 1. we plan on fishing it again next year hoping for more informed volunteers.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I'm gonna enter next year to weigh in a 10 pound lake trout.
I'll tell em it's a walleye.
BOOM
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry