Thank you Action Jackson

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Thank you Action Jackson

Post by Wdrnr »

Had the opportunity today to sample the great fisherman support we have on lake Champlain. We started the day mid lake west of Stave loaded with forage baitfish but as we're seeing this summer, not a hint of salmon. Just an occasional laker. Decided to take a flyer down to Schuyler to scout out some new water. Ran into a solid fogbank forming as we arrived. Just started to setup when we lost power.... when we left the dock the digital fuel gage read 29.9 gals. New boat last fall, have not filled to the 80 gal capacity. 20-30 gals as needed. We were dead,empty . Fog lifted , looked around to just 2-3 boats in sight. Radio shout out for assist was immediate and close by. They had friends at camp in Willsboro bay with gas . Twenty minutes later we had 5 gals. In the tank. Can't thank the crew from Action Jackson enough for their quick assist. They and the initial contact boat were from NY. If anyone knows them. Great stuff here on the lake!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Re: Thank you Action Jackson

Post by fishingmachine »

almost all the fishermen on LC are like that,my hats off to all of them
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Guess that digital fuel gauge ain't very accurate. +-30 gal....

Glad to hear it worked out ok Dave. The lake has been unhappy for a few days, and it's not good to mess with under no power.
Matt B
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Many people helped out at converse this weekend too at the launch with the stiff breeze.
Just what we all need to do.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

my son was out last night late fishing cats and a freind and lcu member texted him he had engine trouble and a fast storm was coming in so my son pulled everything in and towed scott back to the campsite. things like this happen all the time and we should all watch out and help everyone out there when we can.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

fishingmachine wrote:almost all the fishermen on LC are like that,my hats off to all of them
x2 frank
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Thanks to all who respond to the needs of others. It speaks well for this sport of ours!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

My hat is off to the Lazyc's boat as I once again developed water in the gas trouble. I was saved from a developing front and brought right back to my dock. I am on a portable tank for now , and I apologize to Mike for my lack of maintaince, but am extremely grateful for the tow.
Wdrnr

Post by Wdrnr »

My whaler had exposed 25 gal tank that was easily viewed. Not the case with this one. Will be resetting the fuel gauging as all it takes is a couple misses in loading fuel info over the years and your in trouble. Likely what happened with the previous owner.....live and learn....ps a full tank is just as easy to have as an empty one. My new motto.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Got any pics of the new boat so I will recognize it on the lake?
Matt B
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Lazycs:

Great example of doing what needs to be done. Thanks!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

c-hawk had problems with water in fuel 2 springs in a row now put a $65 fuel water seperator inline runs like a honda should be now.easy proj even for this carpenter.
Wdrnr

Post by Wdrnr »

Matt get my e mail?
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

nhjim wrote:c-hawk had problems with water in fuel 2 springs in a row now put a $65 fuel water seperator inline runs like a honda should be now.easy proj even for this carpenter.
I have a water seperator but i think that i have a quarter tank of water. I need to pressure test the tank, change fill pipe, major job taking the inside of the boat apart. Thought i had it figured out, good for now with a portable tank.
FishDR
Species: Salmon

Post by FishDR »

I have know him and his family for many years. I've hunted,fished with him and his son Jesse. Actually fished with them last Thursday. Doesn't surprise me that Jack would lend a helping hand.