whos doing the LCI?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Vtmopar
Species: Everything

whos doing the LCI?

Post by Vtmopar »

anyone doing the LCI ? windy tonight looks like its going to die down a little after midnight.
High Plains Drifter
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: whos doing the LCI?

Post by C-Hawk »

I'm in with my wife and the Billy-Bobs. I guess I'm a laker fisherman. Be careful out there , looks like some kind of coast guard incedent tonight on outer Mallets. Heard about a lost boat at Converse today as well. Don't push your limits.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

would have to have been crazy to go out yesterday anywhere that was not super sheltered. NWS buoy in the Inland sea measured sustained 6 ft waves for a period of time. Broad lake I am sure was just as big. I don't think you would catch me out there even if I had one of those 26ft charter boats in true 6ft waves.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Havent fished this derby since Effie's derby record payout issue.

Seems this years weather is making it a tough run.

Good luck to chawk with his day 1 entry.
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I fished it once in the mid-90's
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Vtmopar

Post by Vtmopar »

it was rough, fish just wouldnt cooperate. we caught alot of small fish nothing big enough to enter.
kids had fun thats what matters.
High Plains Drifter
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

I've been fishing the LCI almost every year since it's inception, and I don't think that we have ever been able to fish all three days due to wind. It's still nice to get together with friends every year, but just one time I would like to spend 3 days on the water.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

im fishing the lci derby with my 6 year old grandaughter and she is in 8th place with this 9.20 lb bowfin. alayna had a struggle with this fin but she won with lots of spunk and determination since im not able to aid in any way of her catch. na na and pa pa are very proud alayna. :DImage
here i am with alayna,s catch
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

fishy1 wrote:im fishing the lci derby with my 6 year old grandaughter and she is in 8th place with this 9.20 lb bowfin. alayna had a struggle with this fin but she won with lots of spunk and determination since im not able to aid in any way of her catch. na na and pa pa are very proud alayna. :DImage
Excellent pa pa. Very nice!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
tree-on
Species: Pike

Post by tree-on »

Me my son and grandma tried on Saturday around Ticonderoga. Nothing big enough to enter. Wind was already picking up, had 1 foot plus waves just south of Crown Point, water temp 63 to 68 according to the fish finder. Tons of bass boats out, a lot of my spots had 3-4 boats on them already. My seven year old had fun with all the pannies, none of the perch made 12 though. It was funny to see all the boats run over whenever he yelled "its a big one", usually a sunnie.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Didn't even try to get the boat wet this weekend. I fished off my dock for a couple of hours on Saturday with spinning rod and crawlers. Caught a couple dozen perch and had a nice meal on Saturday night. Who needs a boat!
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

fishy1 wrote:im fishing the lci derby with my 6 year old grandaughter and she is in 8th place with this 9.20 lb bowfin. alayna had a struggle with this fin but she won with lots of spunk and determination since im not able to aid in any way of her catch. na na and pa pa are very proud alayna. :DImage
Great job Matty. My team weighed in 3 lakers and it looks like we will be seeing you in Burlinton Friday night so my kid can get his bag of loot. I think my wife is bummed that a kid nocked her out of ladies of the lake! Looking forward to seeing Bobber Bob!!!
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Maybe I'll see you guys there. I have to go home and mow my wife's lawn, get some clean underwear, and beg her to let me come back.
Think maybe the C-Hawk crew snuck in with a 7th place salmon. Not because of my great fishing skills, but because of bad weather and my close proximity to the broad lake. I feel bad for the people that had to go home early or not fish where they wanted at all because of the weather. I'll be back next year beating my head against the wall, and looking forward to it.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

congratulations jeff on your 7th place salmon. harry conrgatulations to harrison for his 6 th place laker in the kids division over 10 lbs. also i am very happy for my granddaughter alayna for placing 9th with her 9.20 lb bowfin and only 6 years old. just awsome feeling for na na and pa pa. she lost a huge sheephead just before the derby ended yesterday but the night ended great with her win.
congratulations also to all the kids in the that placed in the top ten kids division. you were all great and thats what its all about.
here is alayna with her new rod and reel the lci gave her for drawing raffle tickets just before missing a huge sheephead. the rod with a flag on it is a specile edition honoring our fallen heroes.
Vtmopar

Post by Vtmopar »

Sheapshead tournament is all it really is i guess.
High Plains Drifter