Marathon Swimming in Lake Champlain

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Marathon Swimming in Lake Champlain

Post by Ludo »

Darren Miller sent me this email:

I am reaching out today in efforts to locate knowledgeable fisherman/guides who would be willing to assist us with questions on Lake Champlain, or interested in joining us on quite a journey.

We are building a 3-day expedition (volunteer/guide services can be a much shorter length depending on availability) this September to complete a non-stop, marathon swim across the lake. We completed a similar feat in Lake Powell, Arizona, last summer, and are looking to go further to set a new distance record.

We are asking for information about weather, water quality, areas to avoid, etc. We are also interested specifically in the southern region of the lake, near Whitehall, and the 35ish miles to the north. We are looking for a low-cost boat rental/donation which can be used to navigate close to the swimmer, while the houseboat floats nearby. The pilot is more than welcome to navigate their own boat to assist.

We would love to tell you more about this amazing journey, and hope you will be willing to reach out to assist. I promise this will be an incredibly rewarding experience should you choose to help!

With sincere gratitude,
Darren Miller
dmiller@darren-miller.com, 724-594-7625