Lowrance hd5 help

Share info on fishing Champlain.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Lowrance hd5 help

Post by C-Hawk »

I am having a programing issue with my lowrance hd 5. I got messing around with the controls and somehow I got the zoom( + or -) working only on the depth side in the split screen mode and not on chart. I have to go to the full screen mode to zoom the gps side in or out, and when I go back to split screen, it only works on the depth side and I can't find any dialog box to change it. Any advice would be appreciated.
JTM203SOUTH
Species: SALMON

Re: Lowrance hd5 help

Post by JTM203SOUTH »

Jeff,

My HD7 Gen 2 only allows the zoom to operate on the "control" screeen ( left side) when using it in split screen mode. I've never been able to use the zoom function on both screens in split screen mode. If you prefer to be able to zoom the map screen , while in split screen mode, you would have to make the map screen appear on the left side.

Jack
1999 Starcraft Superfisherman 196 "High Hopes "
1996 Starcraft Superfisherman 170 " High Hopes Too"
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Jeff, stop messing with the fish finder and just remember to fish the rainbow speedy shiner...lol
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

The only reason I got the thing messed up Harry, is because the fishing has been so poor I had nothing else to do. Jack, I don't believe that I can change which side either function appears on. I run the depth setting on automatic and have never thought about the need for zooming the depth.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

I think the fishing is poor as by now we start to see the lake set up to the early summer pattern and we are still a few weeks behind the norm. It was a dead zone from 15 -100 ' last weekend. Few odd ball lakers running 20-30 down that ate if you put it in front of them. I hate using cheaters and dragging fish out of tge deep sucks
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Just post a long answer and it disappear
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

JTM203SOUTH wrote:Jeff,

My HD7 Gen 2 only allows the zoom to operate on the "control" screeen ( left side) when using it in split screen mode. I've never been able to use the zoom function on both screens in split screen mode. If you prefer to be able to zoom the map screen , while in split screen mode, you would have to make the map screen appear on the left side.

Jack
Jeff---I believe this to be true with the HD5
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Jerry, the map screen is on the left-hand side and I have never changed it.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Jeff...when in doubt try this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7WND ... 0FBa2stZlk
Hope it helps!!!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Wallyandre (Andre)

You can put the map on the right or left. The thing you need to understand with a Lowrance the software is bae on Window, meaning that if you look at you're screen on the edge of the screen one of the screens is orange on the edge; that mean it's that page that is active. So if you push the + button on the map active screen it's going to zoom the map and if you push the menu button automatically you will enter the gps menu; if it's the sonar page that is orange on the contour then it's the sonar page that is active. If you want to switch the active page just hold the page button and you will see the active3 page will change.
Hope this help
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Thanks Andre, this does help, my mistake is the boat is 200 miles away and i got the model wrong. I guess that i have an elite 5, but after looking at a manual for my unit, what i gather is, i need to select the active page by pushing pages twice? Thanks also Raz, i think that i know what to do now. A little embrassed that i don't even know what unit i have, but i definitely know where to go for help.
Wallyandre (Andre)

Base on the same platform, so orange is the active page and yes with the Elite you push page twice to move from page to page and important with the Elite is to use the latest software
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Thanks Andre, I have never done an update so I guess I will have to figure that one out.
Wallyandre (Andre)

On the Lowrane website there is a video section where they show all kind of things and there is one specifically for updating youre unit
dipsydiver
Species: Abf

Post by dipsydiver »