Trout Unlimitted Members??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Trout Unlimitted Members??

Post by dickbaker »

As a once very active TU member I lost interest because they seemed completely oriented to
"FLY FISHING"?? I'm just wondering if more fishermen might be TU members and activists if TU
would show more interest in "cold water fishermen" rather than "fly fishermen"??? I'm sure they don't think of troller dragging a steamer as a "fly fisherman at this time"? I just think it make a great discussion if National and Vt TU could have more interaction with Champlain "cold water" fishermen?
How many TU Vt. fishermen out here? At home here in NH I'm just hoping that more "garden hackle"
trout fishermen might be willing to help cold water conservation and improvement?
Dick
bagman
Species: trout

Re: Trout Unlimitted Members??

Post by bagman »

When originally formed the central Vermont trout unlimited chapter was very lake oriented. Bill Jacobus who started the LCI derby was president. Over time for whatever reasons it has steadily shifted more towards flyfishing. Too bad these two organizations can't form a bond to work together. Strength in numbers. They do enjoy fishing the tribs for migratory Champlain fish.