Spin N Glo Dodgers and Cowbells

Share info on fishing Champlain.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Spin N Glo Dodgers and Cowbells

Post by keithm87 »

So I have been reading on LOU about laker fishing, and imagine that to some extent it is transferable to champlain. So I am looking to set up some rigs to chase lakers this summer. I have read about people running peanuts/ spin n glos behind dodgers and cowbells. Just trying to figure out if sizes translate. On LOU they talk of running hammerheads in 5/0, and dodgers in size 0. I wasn't sure if for champ one would want to size down, or are the large sizes effective on champ? are there certain colors that work best on champlain? Most of my fishing is in the burlington area.
JDK
Species: Togue

Re: Spin N Glo Dodgers and Cowbells

Post by JDK »

Funny you mention this. I spoke electronically to Gambler and he mentioned that those buying his product here in the NE tend to use the smaller sizes. I don't know the bait size on Champlain but in a few of the lakes I fish, the togue will spit up 8-12 inch alewives at times and the average seems to be about 3-6. IMHO, that is a mouthful.
keithm87

Post by keithm87 »

Yeah there is a lake that I fish in the winter that has smelt, the smelt average 6-10 inches with the norm being in the 8 range, and we set them on tip ups and land 18inch bows... crazy how they can fit something half their size down there throat.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Sometimes they work. Sometimes they dont.
I prefer to run spin glos clean on a 300 copper and drag bottom. Called "mining lakers" .
keithm87

Post by keithm87 »

When you run coppers on the bottom are you running them off boards to keep them separated? I want to add coppers to my arsenal but have heard that it is hard to work with and that makes me a little shy. I added some lead core this year and the first time out ended up creating quite the mess with 2 of them. How far down are you getting with the coppers with a 300 setup?