How toxic will Champlain become ??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

How toxic will Champlain become ??

Post by dickbaker »

After last years Winooski spill and this months Burlington sewage spill my family is asking how risky it will be to take them for the Champlain season? Between agricultural flowage and municipal pollution what is the future for Champlain?? Is this as serious as it seems on the news?? :shock:
Dick
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: How toxic will Champlain become ??

Post by Reelax »

Stalbans had a major flow over last 2 days also... The lake can't win. They should be forced to build holding ponds.. Or something...

News said the overflows are needed or it will backup in users systems... I think they should let it back up, then it would get fixed...
Matt B
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

Remember that this has been going on for years,it usually happens in the spring during unusually high water flows from snow and storm runoff,it's only lately that the public has been aware of this.I am not trying to make light of it but nothing will be done until the municipalities responsible are willing to spend the millions it will take to fix it.In the spring the pollution is diluted by the huge amounts of water that flows into the lake so it's worse when water levels are low and it shows up on the beaches in summer.
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Add Vergennes to the list, they just dumped a bot load of crap in to the otter.