WORKSHOP THANKS

Share info on fishing Champlain.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

WORKSHOP THANKS

Post by homewrecker »

Now that the dust has settled and my life is back to semi-normal I would like to recognize all that contributed and supported these great workshops. without the help and support these events would not happen so in no particular order;

GUEST SPEAKERS

CAROLINE BLAKE, GMCC CAMP COORDINATOR, VTFW

COMMISSIONER LOUIS PORTER VTFW

BILL ARDREN & ANDREW HARBICHT, USFW, SALMON GENETICS

BREAK

DR ERIC LEIBENSPERGER & MARK MALCHOFF, SUNY PLATTSBRG, DATA BUOY

RON WINTER, OFFSHORE PRODUCTS

FEBRUARY'S SPEAKERS

COMMISSIONER LOUIS PORTER VTFW
Brian Chipman, Fisheries Biologist, VT Fish & Wildlife
.....Results of last year's Trout and Salmon assessments
.....Detailed results of Champlain open water creel surveys on Main Lake,'15 and Inland Sea '16

Bradley Young, Sea Lamprey Control, Program Manager, US Fish & Wildlife Service
......Sea Lamprey Control - History, Current Trends, and Future Directions
RON WINTER, OFFSHORE PRODUCTS

Recognized also for there valued contributions;

RON WINTER

BILL LOWELL

MIKE SHELLITO

ROB THORNE

RANDY COLUMB

GERRY & DAVID CHAVECA

THE MILLER CENTER

PIZZA SUPPLIER-PRICE CHOPPER

FISH HAWK

LOWRANCE

OFFSHORE

SLIDE DIVER

INVISA SWIVEL

EGO NETS-ADVENTURE PRODUCTS

VANCE TACKLE

CRAZY IVAN LURES-TODD

CHAMBERLAIN RELEASES

PENN REELS

SUE WINTER

VT FIELD SPORTS

CAPTAIN THORNY CHARTERS

RAYS SEAFOOD

OLD FISHING HOLE

NORTH COUNTRY TACKLE

RAYMARINE-SEAN

MT LURES-MARK

CHURCH TACKLE

LCI

CONTROL KING

DIAWA

BACK COUNTRY SPORTS-CHAD

DOCKSIDE OUTDOORS

SWILLY LURES

AND COUNTLESS OTHERS INCLUDING ALL THE ANGLERS THAT ATTEND AND SUPPORT THESE WINTER WORKSHOPS WITHOUT YOU THEY WOULD NOT HAPPEN!

The LCU Workshop Committee is proud to SPONSOR 2 CAMPERS to attend the GREEN MOUNTAIN CONSERVATION CAMPS this summer. This is an opportunity for the selected campers to enjoy a hands on wildlife education and acquire diverse outdoor skills. The FISH & WILDLIFE DEPT will SELECT the CAMPERS, BASED on ECONOMIC NEEDS.
The funds generated from our workshop raffle proceeds will cover the 2 scholarships.

***If I have missed anyone please forgive me and PM me and I will amend the post.
TUnamas

Re: WORKSHOP THANKS

Post by TUnamas »

Dean and LCU Workshop Committee - Well Done, and Thank you!!

To our donor sponsors, THANK YOU!! (Yes, even you Bill Lowell, to whom I attribute my raffle "success." I'm pleased to see my "donation" run to the GM Conservation Camps.)

To the Guest Speakers - Very informative. Thank You for taking the time to discuss the fishery, its science, and to respond to our concerns and questions. This has become a Workshop highlight!

Our lake and our fishery is better off because of ALL you!
digitroll (ron)

Re: WORKSHOP THANKS

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thanks Tunamas! Looking at this list Bill Lowell compiled for me recently it's amazing the topics covered in the last 6 years and people that donate their time to come talk to us. I believe it's the 4th year Dean has taken over the seminar from me and having it at the Miller Rec. Center in Burlington has turned out to be the perfect venue from crowds from as small as 50 to as much as 100 in the last 4 years. Takes a lot of work behind the scenes to pull this off twice a year with our Workshop Committee to keep the ship on a straight course. We have a unique thing here going on in the Champlain Basin with Randy hosting the "Shoot Out" in it's 9th year and Dean with the "Draw Your Partner" in the Spring and the Workshops now for 8 years. The United forum is closing on 6 years this September.

Thanks to Bill for getting all these speakers and managing that! Dean for running the seminar and improving it. And our other committee members Cas / Gerry / Thorny Great stuff! Special thanks to David and Gerry Chaveca for helping us at these events and filming the presentations!

2012-2017

A huge thanks to the guest speakers who have put on some wonderful presentations over the years.

VTFW
LOUIS PORTER
BRIAN CHIPMAN
BERNIE PIENTKA
LEN GERARDI
MIKE WICHOWSKI
DANA JOYAL
BOB CURRIER
CAROLINE BLAKE

UVM
ELLEN MARSDEN
TORI PINHEIRO