Condition of the Launches

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Condition of the Launches

Post by Greenhorn »

I heard that the Burlington area got 30 inches of snow. Besides that, it has been cold all week. Does anybody know what the Converse Bay launch look like? How about Converse Bay itself? Any ice on the Bay? Its a stretch, but I'm thinking of hitting the water on Saturday.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Re: Condition of the Launches

Post by Registered Kayak »

I'm kinda curious in regards to this as well
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

Mike from FWD is aware of the snow and the desire to fish outta converse bay. I called him yesterday and he said that it would be cleared out later in the day yesterday or today at some point.

No official verification that it has been done yet though.

DA
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

I'll zip down there in a few minutes and report back. I may take some pics but it if I do it will be be this evening before I post them.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

Launch is open. Met Homewrecker there. He was just coming in. I think he'll post his report later today.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Anyone local to coast guard know if that launch has opened back up? reports last week were there was ice, but with the weather I am hoping it will open up for the weekend. Alternatively if anyone has info on Colchester point it would be great!
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

Anybody no were a launch with a dock around the Plattsburgh area is open i usually use the peru launch but they dont put dock in till may .
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

I am wondering if anyone knows if the Apple Island launch is ice and snow free? We were hoping to fish out of there this weekend. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

hard knox wrote:Anybody no were a launch with a dock around the Plattsburgh area is open i usually use the peru launch but they dont put dock in till may .
You should call 518-897-1300 to complain about the fact that they are putting to late and they pull out docks to early. I call but it seems that they don't care about a Canadian calling; I'm only paying a non-resident license!
In Port Douglas they leave docks in the parking lot all summer taking some parking space d leaving to short dock in the water.

DEC should take lesson from VtF&W
FishnChef
Species: Salmon

Post by FishnChef »

yeah that was nice last summer at Port Douglas trying to launch and retrieve my 19 foot aluminum looking at that dock section in the parking lot.towards the end of the season it got so bad I had to find another launch to use, hopefully this year they put that dock in once the water level drops but I'm guessing I shouldn't hold my breath
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Apple isle still iced in inland sea ice starting to move and break up but has some work to do yet . Georgia shore open to savage isle up north
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

thank you Wdrnr, drynet
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

thanks for the phone number i will give them a call last year they put the dock in 3rd weak of may what a joke !
Fishing Junkie
Species: Walley, salmon, brown

Post by Fishing Junkie »

I might go down this Sunday. Long ride from Montreal but I want to fish. Where should I launch a 19-foot boat? I think it's going to be muddy and I don't know where should I fish ? I don't mind between lakers or salmons but i guest it will be too muddy in front of the Winooski river ?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

we have the same problem here in westport and port henry. i contacted the town board about this today . lots of fisherman gearing up for cold water fishing and no docks. also contacted the chamber of commerce.