Need a first mate?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Need a first mate?

Post by tmcaul »

I am getting excited reading the forum. Especially the news that the lake has been open practically all winter and that people are fishing here at the end of February and catching salmon.

I am a retiree and live in Charlotte just 20 minutes from the Converse launch. My son's boat will be out of storage in about a month (he is an avid snowboarder and skier, so he's pre-occupied with those activities for the moment). I had a 20' boat going back about 25 years but sold it to economise and concentrate on stream fishing for trout. My boat was hard to fish from without a second person to help me (at a minimum to control the boat's course, reduce the kicker's throttle when a fish was one, and to fight or net the fish).

So if you occasionally need someone to accompany you as a first mate or helper, please send me an email and we can discuss. I'd be happy to help with gas, to bring lunch, etc. My email is: tmcaul5451@aol.com

Tom
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Need a first mate?

Post by Reelax »

Welcome aboard Tom... If you don't mind... PM me your phone number, I will add it to my call list.

Fish On!
Matt B