Cannon Digitrol Jigging video 1/3/17

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Cannon Digitrol Jigging video 1/3/17

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Found this great instructional video on demonstrating how the jigging cycle works and how it's programmed this am. Just released a week ago.

Gray Ghost
Species: salmon

Re: Cannon Digitrol Jigging video 1/3/17

Post by Gray Ghost »

Ron,
Since you are a digitroll user for many years, using jigging function, have you attributed any hookups to that function? I have used it and can’t say that function has increased hookups.
Gus
Tight Lines
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Gus,

I had a DigiTrol IV for years and now use a set of Cannon Mag 20S that can do the same thing.
I have found that the cycling or jigging activity can certainly trigger bites sometimes as it mimics a prey that is trying to escape. Also with the change up or down will also change the lure action briefly. I have been very happy having this option. But be sure you have the battery capacity to use this function.

Michael
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Gus,

After reviewing the video, I wanted to let you know I use the function trolling and change depth about 5 to 15 feet. I haven't tried it for jigging from a drift at all.

Michael
Gray Ghost
Species: salmon

Post by Gray Ghost »

drachma wrote:Gus,

I had a DigiTrol IV for years and now use a set of Cannon Mag 20S that can do the same thing.
I have found that the cycling or jigging activity can certainly trigger bites sometimes as it mimics a prey that is trying to escape. Also with the change up or down will also change the lure action briefly. I have been very happy having this option. But be sure you have the battery capacity to use this function.

Michael
I too am using Mag 20 DTs, with Cannon Link, what cycle time do you have the most luck with? This is another experiment to add for the Water Wolf video list for next year. I have a buddy that using Digitroll 10s and wants to get a Cannon Link. Do you know of anybody that want to part with a Cannon LinK?
Gus
Tight Lines
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Gus,

The cannon link system is no longer available the last few year thru Johnson Outdoors the parent company of Hummingbird / Minn Kota / Cannon products. Those who are still using them are the lucky few. I don't believe there is any support or parts for the link system anymore. The same thing happened with the cannon temp. probe system with the cable. Deep six.

There has been some significant productive moments over the years using the jigging function especially in the last 5 years as I used it more. Flat water conditions are generally the best time to use it and this is something I have read when researching the same question you asked several years ago on a LOU thread.

What really interests me in this video is using the slowest speed to lower the weight and the highest speed to raise it. I had always used the medium speed for both up and down. This will give me some strategy to increase activity in 2017. This video was helpful. I have the new Digitroll IV's as I sold mine after 25 years last June still working. I use 45 seconds between jigging up and down and a 10 - 15 foot window.

It's one of those deals that like anything it helps to be over fish at the time your using it and we tend to give up to soon if something doesn't work when other delivery systems are not producing as well.

Ron