Mercury Study Needs Fish

Share info on fishing Champlain.
LCI
Species: all

Mercury Study Needs Fish

Post by LCI »

LCI has partnered on a study to evaluate mercury levels in our Lake Champlain fish. We're in the final weeks of fish collection and need your help to fill a few remaining species. We can collect in two ways - you can ice down/freeze fish and we'll coordinate pick up from you, or we can set you up with sampling equipment. If you choose to take samples yourself, we will give you a brief training on how to get them without harming the fish. If you choose to save full fish, whatever doesn't get used for samples will just go on the smoker!

Here are the current needs -

North Main Lake (Grand Isle ferry line north to Canada, west of Rt 2) - 14 lake trout; 15 white perch; 15 yellow perch; 2 smallmouth

North East Arm (North of bike path to Missisquoi) - 5 walleye; 5 white perch; 5 yellow perch

South Main Lake (Charlotte Ferry south to Crown Point Bridge) - 12 walleye; 12 white perch; 10 yellow perch; 1 smallmouth

South Lake (south of Crown Point Bridge) - 14 white perch; 15 yellow perch; 15 smallmouth

Folks who contribute will be thanked with some LCI shwag and one entry per fish to win either some new Lowrance gear or entry into the 2017 Father's Day Derby.

Best way to reach me is via cell phone at 802-999-6545.

Thank you for your help! Once the studies have been analyzed, I will post results here. Expect that this will be several months before the final results are reported.

All the best,

Eric LaMontagne
LCI
Species: all

Re: Mercury Study Needs Fish

Post by LCI »

Thank you to all the Frostbiters who contributed fish last weekend. Reggie, Gerry, Thorne - really appreciate it! - Eric
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

LCI wrote:Thank you to all the Frostbiters who contributed fish last weekend. Reggie, Gerry, Thorne - really appreciate it! - Eric
No prob...hope it helps!
Looking forward to the results.
Get me entered for that Schwaggggg! :o
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

eric needs some white perch between charlottes ferry and the lake champlain bridge if any of the frostbite fleet catches any. eric asked me to get some but its going to be hard for me to do since im limited with public shores. any forum members also might be catching some. im going to try and get some for the mercury testing but not sure if i will catch any. this is a good study and can be very good for the future of our fisherie. i have some yellow perch froze and a white perch for them that were caught below the champlain bridge. he needs them by the end of november. hopefully someone will get into them.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Darn, wish I'd have know before I had filleted all my white perch from St. Albans bay...