Show Boat

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Thorfinn
Species: whatever

Re: Show Boat

Post by Thorfinn »

I'll be out in one of two Eastern 18's.

This is an '82 I restored last year:

Here's a 2000 I got last fall to provide a little more protection when the kids are out with me. Still needs stickers

Last edited by Thorfinn on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Beautiful boats, Thorfinn!
Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn »

Thanks! I usually head out from the Converse ramp. Hate crowds so I try to make it so I have Mondays and Tuesdays off all summer :)
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

ONLY CROWD ON MONDAY IS CRAZY IVAN AND HE WILL SHARE....OR MAYBE NOT...BUT JUST ELBOW YOUR WAY IN! LOL
Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn »

Guess I'll go Tuesday just to be safe :D
Counterstrike
Species: trout

Post by Counterstrike »

Trackertroller wrote:The Duck Boat
Seen in a marsh near you
Happy Hunting
That is some really poor gun handling safety. Just sayin is all
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

The antis don't need to see this pic! Come on! :o
"OFF SEASON"
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

BottomDollar wrote:...to rebuild an old tinnie. Here's a before and after, and the after shot...when I get a truck I'll venture to some other launches.
Cheers, Andy.
Very nice boat! That is my style- small but very roomy with more than ample space. What exactly is your boat? I can't decide. I am just curious :).

I have an old 19' Starcraft Holiday that should finally hit the water this summer- after years of languishing on-and-off. Your pic looks like a 21 and maybe a starcraft but not sure?

Looks sharp.

As far as other ramps- even with your little tow rig you should be able to hit Mallets, Shelburne, and CONVERSE!! if you drive smart and take it easy. Unless you are over your tow capacity... although those old aluminum boats are pretty light for their size.
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

fishhuntadventure wrote:
Very nice boat! That is my style- small but very roomy with more than ample space. What exactly is your boat? I can't decide. I am just curious :).

I have an old 19' Starcraft Holiday that should finally hit the water this summer- after years of languishing on-and-off. Your pic looks like a 21 and maybe a starcraft but not sure?

Looks sharp.

As far as other ramps- even with your little tow rig you should be able to hit Mallets, Shelburne, and CONVERSE!! if you drive smart and take it easy. Unless you are over your tow capacity... although those old aluminum boats are pretty light for their size.
Thanks! It's actually just an 18'er. The cabin makes it look a bit larger. It's a '74 Starcraft Chieftain with an '82 OMC 70hp and '76 OMC kicker.

I just picked up an old Cherokee to tow this rig, and I'm headed down to Converse right now for my 2014 shakedown trip!

fishhunt, I think I've seen your posts over on the iboats forums. Here's my rebuild thread from there if you want to check out the teardown and build: http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restorati ... 89547.html It's not a total restoration like some of the old Starcraft guys do (there are some amazing restos on the SC forum), but it's safe and solid. Toward the end of my thread I even pasted some images from this forum of some frostbite action. Good luck with your Holiday! As you know, there's plenty of inspiration on the SC forum. Cheers!
Dukdog
Species: Salmon

Post by Dukdog »

The Dukdog, 2004 Lund Alaskan 18 SSC, 60 HP Yamaha main, 8 HP Yamaha high thrust kicker with a Protroll controller, Raymarine X5 auto pilot, Lowrance LCX 37C, Depth Raider, VHF, Pair of Cannon electric STX10 downriggers, Burt's planer board reels and pulleys, and a homemade rails and rocket launcher crafted up using Speedrail fittings and 1 & 1/4" aluminum pipe. Custom Top by local shop in Waterville Maine.

Newt
Species: WhateverFish

Post by Newt »

The Fiasco at mooring. I'm taking a whole month off to go fishing this summer. Only my fourth vacation in 12 years.

Newt
Newt
Species: WhateverFish

Post by Newt »

Thorfinn, those Easterns of yours are fantastic. Those are some of my favorite boats.

N
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

After Being Frozen out Jan 14th and not on the Water since then working six days a week all spring and summer.

I'm just now seeing the light and looking forward to some fine fall winter fishing with You starting with the Shootout November 1st. I'm off all November & December this year :D

I painted up and had Surprise lettered and put some new gear aboard too!

Soon to be seen on the Lake with you

Fish On!
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Great looking a ride.... A sure frostbite slayer for sure...
Todd
Todd
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

The SURPRISE is looking reel nice. Great job....