Show Boat

Share info on fishing Champlain.
SoggyBottomBoy
Species: salmon, stripers

Re: Show Boat

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

This is the Olivia Joy. She is a 1990 Rinker Fiesta Vee 25' (measures 28.1). She is equipped with 4 electric riggers, dual Garmin fishfinders, Cannon speed-n-temp and Garmin plotter. I upgraded from a Sylvan hardtop last season because I wanted more cuddy space and this girl has a vee birth and an aft cabin so there's lots of room. Upcoming upgrades will be a nice 4 stroke kicker on the stern and a 50mm machine gun mounted on the front deck. You won't miss her, and I bet she won't miss anyone within 1000 meters.....lol
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

NICE!
morningwood
Species: walleye

Post by morningwood »

VTgooseman wrote:91' Lund tyee II 16.5'
look out for these clowns!!!! they love that spring laker fishing ive seen that boat dripping with laker slime :lol:
FishStalker
Species: Anything

Post by FishStalker »

ImageImageImageImage
Reel Therapy
Species: Salmon

Post by Reel Therapy »

Reel Therapy
reel time
Species: salmon

Post by reel time »

Reel Time!
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

New guy here, both to the forum and Lake Champlain fishing. I spent most of my fishing days in salt water in my youth, but since I've been here in VT for 'bout 25 years I finally decided to rebuild an old tinnie. Here's a before and after, and the after shot is the first splash, prior to rigging any deep water fishing gear. She's got a few more rod holders and a couple of manual riggers now. I'll be adding a kicker as soon as I get the bracket. This forum is great...I'm really glad to have discovered it. Hope to see y'all out there. I'm running out of Burlington...usually Shelburne Bay. Towing with a Subaru right now, but when I get a truck I'll venture to some other launches.

Cheers, Andy.
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

I can see many hours of restoration work in your boat. Great to see some before and after pictures of your project boat.

Now you need to spend some hours out on the pond. I do see some fish slime and blood in your future so you better install a wash down system or buy a good sponge and bucket.
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great restoration Andy, beautiful job done.
Welcome to the forum.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Andy great job there. Now to get some fish aboard that boat and enjoy. What kind of bracket are you looking for that kicker motor? I have one if its what your looking for. let me know cpmaple

/
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Thanks, guys! It was a ton of work to get it back in the water, but I'd definitely do it all over again. It's a total bottom-feeder rebuild (tiny budget), but it's solid and safe. I did spring for Nautolex on the decks in anticipation of fish guts.

cp, I'm just looking for a lightweight 2 stroke bracket. It's a 4 hp lightwin. Feel free to PM me if you're looking to sell one. Thanks!
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Here is my son early this year with a few fish and my new to me boat.
Ozzys Obsession
Species: Salmon ,Stripers

Post by Ozzys Obsession »

Sold the old Salmon Slayer last spring and bought this 1995 251 BAHA. Will be on the Hudson in May, Champlain in June and Lake O in July and August.
saumon
Species: salmon, musky, walleye

Post by saumon »

Here too a new forum member from your northern neighborhood. Usually fishing the Champ a few times a year for the last 15 years or so, mainly for landlocked salmon in the IS (usually in the first 10 FOW with streamers and crankbaints), before the musky opener up here in june. Glad to join your community. I've been on a lot of boating/fishing forums and yours look really open and oriented on helping.

Two years ago, I've traded my ole reliable 1993 Tracker Pro DeepV 17 for...something else! And it's NOT your typical walleye/muskie fishing machine: maybe less efficient as a casting platform but really comfortable while trolling in 3-footers :D

1991 BW Outrage 17/2005 E-Tec 90hp

The pics was taken on splash day when freshly picked from South Carolina. Had since added a kicker, a bow mount Minnkota and Traxtech rails to fit the Down-East.

Hope to see you on the lake this spring if the water can stop being that hard!

BTW, very nice resto BottomDollar!