Film crew for shootout

Share info on fishing Champlain.
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Film crew for shootout

Post by flyguy »

I will be at Converse launch around 7:00 Saturday morning to meet with the film crew from MT. Mansfield Media. They will be filming the shootout this year for a piece to be shown at the Yankee Classic show this winter. After the shootout, they want to go out with a few of "the guys" on nicer days, to fish, interview the captains and generally try to get a flavor of what we frostbiters are really about. They'll be shooting until the end of December, so maybe the fishing will pick up between now and then, and some of you guys can give them some good footage of fishing. We hope to get fairly close to some of you and film you and your boats in action. I will try to check with any of you before approaching (on 68). If anyone WANTS to chat or get some footage of their boat in action, give me a hail, and we'll try to come over to where you are. If you see me being in your way, or DON'T want us filming you, let me know (on 68). I have Digitrol's old Sea Nymph, so most of you will know which boat I am. I also won't have downriggers mounted to keep the gunwales clear for filming. Anyway...Brown and Tan sea nymph 195 fish n' ski with brown canvas is us. Good luck to all of you - fish on!
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: Film crew for shootout

Post by Surprise »

Thank's Bryan for shepherding around the film crew.

It's hard to forfeit your name to be possibly engraved on a trophy and be known by all as the " Top Dog " Salmon Shootout Frostbiter 2014

Our hats are off to you and thankful that for this year you, Instigator and Super Cab are out of the competition :mrgreen:

Just kidding and Thanks for being one of the crew! ;)
Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Thats awesome Bryan! Kudo's to you for taking the gang out for some footage. I would be willing to take them out any Thursday for some bonus footage for the Frostbite video documentary next month. Sign me up!
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Will do Ron! Good luck tomorrow!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Thanks for doing that flyguy.
Follow Reelax, Griz, and myself aboard the Phathom...we'll have the winning catch!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Either way we're a bunch of winners! :)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Raz wrote:Thanks for doing that flyguy.
Follow Reelax, Griz, and myself aboard the Phathom...we'll have the winning catch!

Keep the VHF mike away from Raz when you catch a big one and don't quit too early. :)

You never know who is going to have a big black trashbag at the weigh station. :D
Heijac
Species: All

Post by Heijac »

Phantom (griz) wrote:Either way we're a bunch of winners! :)
I believe you meant "Weiners!"
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Yeah that's what I meant.
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Hey, thanks everyone for cooperating with the videographer and my intrusive approaches to you today! What a blast...thanks to you all who made this happen. It WAS a touch breezy this morning, but a good time was had by all. There will be much more filming happening through the end of December to get more fishing footage, interviews, etc. in order to tell this story. Fish on!
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

My hat is off to you and your crew today there were some sizeable waves out there! Thought I recognized the boat when you were heading in remembered Ron had a new one. Fish-on!
KEN K.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks very much Bryan for taking the crew during this event.
You had a tough time covering all that water to picture and film the boats in action.
You have a great boat and everyone recognize it... stay proud
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)