Frostbite Shootout Announcement

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Frostbite Shootout Announcement

Post by Surprise »

Wow, where has the year gone?

Date is set November 1st with November 2nd as a backup

We have permit in hand and Todd Smith has again allowed us to call Point Bay "Home Port".

The rules and such are the same and can be viewed on the Derbies Masthead at the top of the page.

Point Bay House Rules; Launch and retrieve elsewhere, Plenty of dock space for Check in and Barbecue, Parking can be on the sides of the drive way in but not past the STOP sign. There will be 500 boats in the yard worth millions and no room.

Come and join the fun. Fish a bit, kick off the third season of fishing, exchange stories and share some great food with some of the best people that you will ever meet on the planet.

The way things have been going I'm sure the bar will be raised again from the weights of fish from the past.

Here is a list of past and present winners and weights

I'm impressed with the weight of this length to weight ratios

Gerry Hartley 22" 4 lb 12 oz
Bill Snell 23" 4 lb 14 oz
Ron Winter 23" 5lb 11 oz WINNER

Bill Lowell 22' 3 lb 3 oz
Admiral Jud Swenor 23" 4 lb 5 oz
Tim Dubre 22.75" 4 lb 8 oz
Don Rich 23" 4 lb 10 oz
Bill Bryden 24.5" 4 lb 13 oz WINNER

Rob Thorn 22.5" 3 lb 13 oz
Steve Moreau 24.25 " 5 lb 4 oz WINNER

Casey Morits 23" 5 lb 6 oz
Patrick Clark 25.5" 8 lb 6 oz WINNER

I know that since being frozen out last January 14th and not out for salmon since that I cannot wait to "FEEL THE PULL"

This fellow Patrick Clark truly wants to keep "his" trophy for another year!

[/size]

I'll post updates here as they occur.

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting you new ones soon!
Last edited by Surprise on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish On!
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

Re: Frostbite Shootout Announcement

Post by instigator »

never prayed for a back up day untill now, but supercab and instigator have a wedding to attend, my youngest is finally getting hitched
good luck to all and we will be seeing the fleet soon, thanks Reggie
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

Congrats! Big day!
Will nolan "swilly"
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

Point bay marina?? In charlotte??
Will nolan "swilly"
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

will nolan wrote:Point bay marina?? In charlotte??
Yes, Point Bay Marina in Charlotte.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Looking forward to it Randy lot of fun. We sure could use some water for some of the launches! Pretty low.
KEN K.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

dreamcatcher wrote:Looking forward to it Randy lot of fun. We sure could use some water for some of the launches! Pretty low.
Agreed.... I watched a guy with a 20 footer pretty much bottom out off the dock about 15 yards a week o 2 ago...

If we don't get rain launching outta converse for the Shootout will be interesting.
Matt B
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

Maybe we will have to bring our own water........or just fish from your J.C Water Walkers.. :P
Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Update:

We gained about 2-3" since the Thursday am rain event that kept us off the pond. It would be great if we picked up another 6" before the shootout for the Converse ramp. Can someone launching down there shoot some video or take photos at the Converse launch or detail how the conditions are and is the ramp going to eat an axle coming out of the hole? I haven't been there since Easter sunday. Since Point bay marine is off limits on November 1st we need some information on the launch conditions day to day leading up to this event in two weeks.

USGS GAGE AT ROUSES POINT NY 94.27 FEET
USGS GAGE AT BURLINGTON VT 94.26 FEET 59 DEGREES
KING STREET FERRY DOCK 94.21 FEET 60 DEGREES
COLCHESTER REEF MM DEGREES
DIAMOND ISLAND 56 DEGREES
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Red gate may be a option.
digitroll (ron)

Took a ride down at 8 am this morning and just returned. These folks launched in a 16 ft Lund and then a 20' C-Hawk center console glass boat with a solo driver launched after that. I measured 23" - 25" of water at end of ramp on the ramp itself and at the end of the dock. There is only about 5-8 feet of ramp left in the water and plenty of dock after that to get in and out of a boat. I didn't see any serious mud for both boats churning up as they left the dock to deeper water. Motors trimmed all the way up and they seemed fine. The hole after the ramp was mud and we really haven't heard of any trailer damage lately. The C-Hawk boat also fished out of Converse last weekend as well. One trick is too back out in reverse as it will keep the rear end up higher instead of settling in the mud going out. I wouldn't hesitate to use the ramp and launch after today's am. visit. 4 trailers at the parking lot and two 20" boats.

These folks in the Lund in this video came up from Conn.

digitroll (ron)

Some good news is on the way. Rain event from Wed. - Friday this week with a possible Noreaster which could result in 2-3" of rain or more just forecasted on the weather channel. That would bring the lake up a foot at least. :)
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

It's getting closer!!!!

Ron's Rain Dance has worked well, now just remember to shut it off for the Shootout! :P

I posted this in another post but cannot stress it enough....

Come to POINT BAY BY WATER ONLY PLEASE..... Todd Smith asks that if you do drive do not pass the Stop Sign at the top of the hill and only park off the driveway to not block any traffic. Their customers who pay BIG money to be there complained about some blocking access to their crib and boat in a past gathering.

We pay no money and thru the graces of Point Bay and everyone respect we head into Year 6!
:D
Fish On!
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

VT Fish and Game has this request for anyone fishing thru Frostbite

http://www.lakechamplainunited.com/foru ... f=2&t=4152
Fish On!
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Hoping to make it out for the shoot out but as of right now I'm side lined due to hitch on truck is broke and not a quick repair. So looking like the cpmaple will stay dry this time around. Had a blast last year unless I can find a partner between now and then to pull my boat and fish the shootout with me. Best of luck to all and be safe on the water. chad (cpmaple)