Inland sea update

Share info on fishing Champlain.
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Inland sea update

Post by flyguy »

I started a new thread to make sure you guys all see it. The IS looks great ( I saw fish breaking the surface off of the sandbar today) BUT I also saw a bunch of ice blow down from Missiquoi today. Be advised that there may be limited water if launching on the IS from Kings bay or Stoney Point. Looks like Gull island is in it right now (6:30 pm Thursday the 17th), and points north of Burton and Butler Islands. There is also some submerged ice as of this moment, as well as the usual flotsam and "bergy bits". Go get 'em, but use caution. Last spring my son lunched a prop on a barely submerged propane tank! I'll try to post updates.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Inland sea update

Post by raz »

Thanks...it will be a week or so before I can get out but sure do appreciate the updates.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Update Friday 4/18/14 to IS update. The ice that blew down from Missisquoi seems to vanished. Haven't floated it, so I can't say that there isn't submerged ice, BUT I will say that there is an enormous amount of stuff in the water, from half-submerged trees to parts of people's decks. The water in the IS is pretty clear and I had a S.T. on shore at Kings Bay launch site of 38 f., 39 f. at Keeler Bay launch. The gut is wide open and launching from shore north of the bridge looks possible (in fact it is nearly possible from the pavement, as the lake level is over 100' today). No docks in anywhere. That's all for now. Stay tuned. PS the broad lake is nearly clear. as well, but that's another topic.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Good updates Bryan. Keeler's bay at 39 sounds great!

Thanks!
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

OK, here's the latest. IS, Alburg passage, broad lake north of GI ferry, are all wide open (even a few hardy souls out floating). The only exception in the islands is LaMotte Passage, which is still largely iced over. All other launches (except N. Hero St Park, where the road is submerged) are open, with no docks. Water seems clear at Dillenbeck, Stoney Pt, and King's Bay, somewhat dirty at the gut and Sisters Isls. Vantines very rough today, S.T. at launch 36f. S.T. at King's 37f, didn't check others today. Tight lines, and BE CAREFUL of debris.