Converse Launch

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Re: Converse Launch

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Last 3 days at Burlington airport: .6 tenths of an inch of rain according to the climate data.

Hoping for more today. Lake is up a little at 93.5. Winooski is starting to spill over the dam in Essex yesterday.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

went to Arnolds thursday,14' Lund,no problem,it's a little shallow of course and the "dock" is 4 feet above the water but it's doable. A larger boat,maybe not. And then there is the parking,or lack of it
digitroll (ron)

Tale of the tape:

Burlington airport recorded 1.0" of rain and for the month at 1.86".

Lake at 93.6 feet. up 3-4 inches?

The Winooski River gauge at Essex dam shows the river is 1.5 feet higher than the last week and the flow is up around 1,000 cubic feet per second from around 200 cubic feet per second from last week. An average flow should be around 800 cubic feet per second.

.5" of rain forecast for Thursday and .8" of rain for the next 9 day forecast model.

We might need another 1" of rain to get it to 94 feet for Converse in the next 12 days for the Shoot-Out. So close yet so far.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

The Lamoille is flowing wide and fast along with all the little feeder creeks up where I live in Fairfax...
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
digitroll (ron)

The last time I launched at Converse was 9/26 and it was 93.96 ft. Took a big drop after that. My comfort zone is 94 feet to navigate that 200 yard thin stretch.

60 day chart:

http://www.weather.gov/btv/60daylevel
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

I agree with Ron about 94.0 as the minimum launch criteria - at least for our boats. Thats the number I've been watching for.

We launched earlier in September at about 94.0 and would have made it without a hitch except another boat had run aground off the end of the launch which caused us to run aground trying to get around. The other guy was already in the water and assisted us on.
Black Ghost (Ken)
digitroll (ron)

Real time lake level 93.8 ft from the Echo Center website this morning going back 7 days before the rain event. Latest rain model shows 1.5" of rain Thursday overnight into Monday. :)