Lake Champlain International needs our help!

Share info on fishing Champlain.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Lake Champlain International needs our help!

Post by raz »

Lake Champlain International needs our help in getting some warm water fish to them to be studied for cyanotoxin (what can come out of those nasty blue green algae blooms) and mercury concentration.

I'm more than willing to meet some of you to pick up frozen fish if your willing to catch, keep and freeze them. I'll be sure they get to LCI and you get the credit.
Can anybody help them out? Let's give them some support!

Here's what they sent:
LCI wrote:LCI needs sheepshead and brown bullhead!

Lake Champlain International is participating in a study looking at cyanotoxin (what can come out of those nasty blue green algae blooms) and mercury concentration in fish. And we need sheepshead and brown bullhead!

Specifically, we need to sample 20 sheepshead and 20 bullhead from Main Lake, and 20 Sheepshead and 20 bullhead from Missiquoi Bay. Any size is okay! Fish should be fresh, frozen, or on ice.

This is an exciting study to be a part of and will provide some very important data that will drive water quality policy and fish consumption regulation. Fish donors will rewarded with some cool LCI shwag!

If you have questions or fish, please call Eric directly at 802-999-6545, or email eric@mychamplain.net. Call before dropping off fish – please DO NOT just dump them off at the LCI office. We can coordinate picking them up from you.

Thank you for your help!

Eric LaMontagne
Outreach Director

Winner of the Prestigious U.S. EPA Environmental Merit Award

Lake Champlain International, Inc.
Clean Water. Healthy Fish. Happy People.
a 501(c)(3) organization

531 Main Street Colchester, VT 05446
eric@mychamplain.net http://www.mychamplain.net
802.879.3466 Fax: 802.879.1746

Lake Champlain International, a Top-Rated Nonprofit Award winner, has earned the Guidestar Exchange Seal and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, illustrating the highest standards of transparency, accountability, and effectiveness as set forth by these internationally trusted organizations.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Re: Lake Champlain International needs our help!

Post by Registered Kayak »

I'll let you know if I come across any. I find myself wondering what to do with all the bullhead I come across fishing Burlington in the summer
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i been catching bullhead to and sheephead when i get out in the deeper part of the lake. just dont know what i would do with them until i could deliver them up to colchester.
Last edited by fishy1 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

fishy1 wrote:i been catching bullhead to and sheephead whe i get out in the deeper part of the lake. just dont know what i would do with them until i could deliver them up to colchester.
freeze em
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

not much room in my freezer for to many of those big sheephead. ill work something out.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

spoke with eric today lci,s outreach director and this end of the lake is not included for the tests. main lake only and i think it ends at charlotte ferry . anyone freezing sheephead or bullhead check with eric to see where the main lake is.