Looking for someone that knows NH or Gloucester to join me

A place where folks with boats can pick up others and a place where folks without boats can make it known that they'd like to go out on a boat when there is room!
jim
Species: Salmon, Trout

Looking for someone that knows NH or Gloucester to join me

Post by jim »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone that knows how/where/etc on how to launch out of one of these areas and hit some fish.. Maybe haddock or Pollock blues? stripers? and longer term my goal is to try for the big boy's. I have the gear for reg fishing and even some gear for the smaller Bluefin. For the Bluefins I currently have 2 avid 50's and 2 casting wide 30s set up for this, but need to get some experience getting in and out on the water with someone that has don't it before. I have other rods for reg fish as well Spinning / trolling etc.

I'm running a 2002 25 foot edgewater (basically a whaler) with twin yamaha 115 4stroke outboards/radar / hds 8 and older twin 2002 furuno's. 158 gallon gas tank. cruise is at 28-30 with about 10-11 gph burn

I'm out of the Montpelier area and launch into champlain generally out of mallets bay.

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions that would be great as well. I launched out of RI last year for albacore in late aug with no luck out by the hooter buoy.. i will be doing the same again this year.

Thanks everyone

Jim
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Re: Looking for someone that knows NH or Gloucester to join

Post by drachma »

Jim,
Give me a call. I was raised down there and still have my map with loran numbers for haddock and cod. Also use to fish stripers. 802-249-7720.
Michael
jim
Species: Salmon, Trout

Re: Looking for someone that knows NH or Gloucester to join

Post by jim »

Thanks Drachma. I'll catch up tonight after work.