FAVORITE COLORS FOR CASTING SPOONS

Lure modification. From taping and painting to manufacturing your own fishing lures.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

FAVORITE COLORS FOR CASTING SPOONS

Post by tamiron »

TAMIRON is preparing to introduce a line of casting weight #1 HONEYBEEs and MP6 HONEYBEEs.

The time has come to ask the experts, in addition to FISHY1, what your favorite colors, plating, and patterns are. If you can post some pictures and/or URLs, you just may get your wish, from TAMIRON as well as other manufacturers. This is your chance to get in front of a product introduction. Post as many times as you like and be sure to comment on other's selections. Thanks for your help.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Re: FAVORITE COLORS FOR CASTING SPOONS

Post by jimbow »

Seems like people are shy :shock: ...Let's get the ball rolling, this sounds like a real good spoon and I'd like to see it out soon. Jim, one of my favorites is the # 609 pattern Silver/Green/Pink Trout pattern that you have, any trout pattern will do however. ;)
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

come on forum members jim needs some of your favorite colors for the new casting lures . my colors would be smelt and alewife colors and trout patterns.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I don't do much casting anymore, but when I travel and carry a spinning rod when on vacation, I always have a few Kastmasters with me. Heavy , polished nickel or chrome or bright silver, whatever they are, is a pretty safe bet for any North American gamefish that I have ever fished for. I think that a Honeybee in a silver pattern , would allow a slower retrieve, while with the Kastmasters , you have to impart your own action. They will cover a lot of water from one spot however, being so heavy.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Nice reply C-HawK, ;) I agree with you on a nice plated spoon, the Hex pattern would really throw some flash as well...But don't forget the heavier spoons would be great for flat line trolling too when the fish are up on top or when using a Dipsy or Lite Bite... A BIG PLUS is if you check with Jim I think he would confirm that the new spoons would be able to take a greater speed than a normal Honey bee without problems for regular trolling too. There are those who like a little more speed, or for many, are unsure of the lure speed (AKA - NO FISH HAWK) :o . I'd like to see these spoons outs ASAP for that reason alone.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Red and white with silver back.

Gold and white with an orange front.
Matt B
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Reelax wrote:Red and white with silver back.

Gold and white with an orange front.
Do you have any competitive examples that I can see??
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

jimbow wrote:Nice reply C-HawK, ;) I agree with you on a nice plated spoon, the Hex pattern would really throw some flash as well...But don't forget the heavier spoons would be great for flat line trolling too when the fish are up on top or when using a Dipsy or Lite Bite... A BIG PLUS is if you check with Jim I think he would confirm that the new spoons would be able to take a greater speed than a normal Honey bee without problems for regular trolling too. There are those who like a little more speed, or for many, are unsure of the lure speed (AKA - NO FISH HAWK) :o . I'd like to see these spoons outs ASAP for that reason alone.
jimbow is right. The casting spoon can definitely be trolled but requires more speed. They are target specific to casting.

There will be another introduction that is being tested at a slightly lighter weight than the casting spoon and will be target specific to walleyes in lake Erie as well as a Higher speed trolling spoon. It has already proven to be successful in Champlain for Atlantics. This one will definitely be for trolling but can be casted with lighter line.
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

I don't do much spin fishing anymore, but my favorite spoon/color was the 1/3oz-1/2oz little cleo in green/white w-black eye in a matte finish *I think it glowed in the dark as well, but I never fished it at night.

riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

Silver and blue is hard to beat. Silver back with a stripe of blue on th front like a mooselook wobbler
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Honest John wrote:I don't do much spin fishing anymore, but my favorite spoon/color was the 1/3oz-1/2oz little cleo in green/white w-black eye in a matte finish *I think it glowed in the dark as well, but I never fished it at night.

Thank you!
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

Post by Captain Paul »

Jim I think almost any of you're normal patterns that work well trolling will work great casting I do like a silver Hex pattern though. I must say though that the new white back Hex looks mighty sharp
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Captain Paul wrote:Jim I think almost any of you're normal patterns that work well trolling will work great casting I do like a silver Hex pattern though. I must say though that the new white back Hex looks mighty sharp
Going forward ( sometime in 2017), all Honeybees will be HEX, both painted and plated.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

blue on chrome
green(mottled) on gold
Rainbow trout with bright pink stripe on chrome
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

The casting spoons have been plated silver and are now being painted!

The final SKUs will be here soon.

Thank you for all your inputs.

There will be a separate section on our Website for casting spoons.