Ocean City Report

Check and share here for the latest Salt Water fishing reports.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Ocean City Report

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Heading out for an offshore overnight fishing. Took some motion sickness pills and put on a patch.
We hope to get a big eye tuna on board, and a few mahi mahi.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote:Heading out for an offshore overnight fishing. Took some motion sickness pills and put on a patch. We hope to get a big eye tuna on board, and a few mahi mahi.

so.... how did it go??
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Summer is over. It's time to head back North.
I should be on Champlain hopefully next weekend.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

LOL, depending on which way the wind blows over to Assateague, the mosquitoes and black flies can drive you away really fast.
You should take the drive up to Roosevelt inlet in Lewes, DE and try drifting menhadens for sea trout.
Or if you're really wanting to stick to flounder, go up in the bay near the 90th street bridge, I've had years of good luck fishing around there.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

mudchuck wrote: Or if you're really wanting to stick to flounder, go up in the bay near the 90th street bridge, I've had years of good luck fishing around there.
Never caught a flounder near route 90 bridge, but caught many around route 50 bridge.
I guess we all have our secret places :lol:
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Nice...very nice.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

RT 50 bridge is good, but can get a little busy with boat traffic, always did well striper fishing, especially at night, and did my share of fishing from the bridge and hauling flounder over the rail with the basket net. Around the piers and bridge abutments, when an incoming tide brings a school of blues in, look out, that is awesome action.
Caught my biggest ever Tautog off the jetty, and even though I was wearing spikes, it jerked so hard I slipped and fell right on my tailbone and fracture split it, had a bullseye black blue bruise from my ass to middle of my back!
Yes, I did land the blackfish, it was a touch over 4#, and caught it using those sand fleas you can dig up in the surf line...Those were the days!!! I miss that place, gotta make a trip down sometime.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

mudchuck wrote:RT 50 bridge is good, but can get a little busy with boat traffic, always did well striper fishing, especially at night, and did my share of fishing from the bridge and hauling flounder over the rail with the basket net. Around the piers and bridge abutments, when an incoming tide brings a school of blues in, look out, that is awesome action.
Caught my biggest ever Tautog off the jetty, and even though I was wearing spikes, it jerked so hard I slipped and fell right on my tailbone and fracture split it, had a bullseye black blue bruise from my ass to middle of my back!
Yes, I did land the blackfish, it was a touch over 4#, and caught it using those sand fleas you can dig up in the surf line...Those were the days!!! I miss that place, gotta make a trip down sometime.
Mudchuck, looks like you know the good spots too. Fishing the bridge at night for many years, got my share of bluefish chasing the gotcha plugs. Got a few nice strippers too.
I usually fish the end of the jetty at beginning of incoming tide, the bluefish are furious.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Went for an evening cruise in the bay last evening. Saw many dolphins around the boat.
The croakers started migrating in the bay, and the dolphins love them. We do too.

There was a beautiful sunset... as usual.
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

Love those hardheads (Atlantic croakers), when they get in they're a lot of fun, especially with the kids and good eats.
Use to catch a ton of them hardheads when I live down on the Nanticoke river.
Won't be long now and those speckled sea trout will start migrating back and usually did real well around the time of the World Series. would listen to the games while fishing, was a blast!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

sounds like lots of good fishing down there. i love those flounder years ago caught lots of them on pine point in maine. it was in the 70,s and lots of great eating there. thanks for the posts gerry on your fishing and vacation in maryland.