Hatteras NC

Check and share here for the latest Salt Water fishing reports.
jim
Species: Salmon, Trout

Hatteras NC

Post by jim »

Hello all from OBX,
Made it out to the stream yesterday down her in my 25 edgewater.. seas 2-4 and then calming to 2-3. 1.5 hours out we started trolling. It was slow but we had 2 nice black fin on but lost both due to tangles.. kinda new to this. We moved on to some wreck jigging and picked up a bunch of Amber jacks.. fun fish, crazy strong.
Looks like thurs will be nice enough to try again.
here is a picture of my nephew and his 20lb amberjack.. had to hold him or fish would have pulled him in. These things pull like monsters.

raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Hatteras NC

Post by raz »

SWEET
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Now that's just Cool... Jim you win the prize for the longest tow this season... :lol:
Matt B
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Great amberjack! I caught over 20 one night in florida from that size up to 60 pounds and was just plain worn out :mrgreen: they are one strong fish and love glow stuff at night! Hope you see a grouper while your there
jim

Post by jim »

heading out again in the morning .. cross fingers we do well. Going to try some high speed trolling for wahoo on way out to "Rocks" 35miles then jig for some bottom fish for a bit then move on to trolling for mahi and blackfin tuna.
Then Friday back to NJ , and on to VT the next day.. hope its a better trip than way down. multiple flats.. just bad luck i think . We hit something and popped a tire and ripped a belt in another..spent hours going slow until we could find someone with the right tires.... seems what i have a not common.. wish i knew that..
Heading back with 3 spares.
jim

Post by jim »

Well we made it out to the stream again. had a bull mahi into the boat and on the gaff... spun off broke the line.. guess i need practice on gaffing too. We did pull in a huge 30lb baracuda. Crazy teeth on those things. Also a few more amber jack one pushing over 40lbs.
Trip back 880 miles with a stop over in NJ, went well and all is good. Back here in vt and i think i need a vacation from my vacation.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Sounds like a great adventure
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great post got my adrenalin going. thanks.