Kingston stripers

Check and share here for the latest Salt Water fishing reports.
SoggyBottomBoy
Species: salmon, stripers

Kingston stripers

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

Blood bath '12 has begun. Fished Friday afternoon, Saturday all day and Sunday til 1pm. Fished right in front of Rondout creek up to the Rinecliff bridge. Landed 55 stripers up to 12 lbs. Heard of some larger fish up to 20 lbs being taken.Hopefully a great start to 3 more successful weekends. Bigger fish should be arriving soon. Game on !!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Re: Kingston stripers

Post by fishingmachine »

thanks for the report,Leon,,,please keep them coming in..........frank
SoggyBottomBoy

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

This past weekend was tough. We only landed 5 stripers in a day and a half. I think that the full moon gave the fish lock jaw. I heard of some large fish caught Saturday evening just before dark. Hopefully next weekend will be better.
Kamel
Species: Those With Fins

Post by Kamel »

SoggyBottomBoy wrote:This past weekend was tough. We only landed 5 stripers in a day and a half. I think that the full moon gave the fish lock jaw. I heard of some large fish caught Saturday evening just before dark. Hopefully next weekend will be better.
I was on Obe's boat and posted my report in the regular report section.

We had a blast!
Image Image The Canned One Image
SoggyBottomBoy

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

The striper fishing is amazing right now. I just returned from 4 days and oh boy did we hammer em. We landed a 26.5, 23,21 two 19's and several other high teen stripers. Over 100 fish landed. Awesome time.
Ran mostly f18's in Hot Steel, Purpledescent, Firetiger and "the discount lure" which took over 50 fish before the bill came off. Thanks to Salmon Slayer (Scott) for the super glue to repair it.
SoggyBottomBoy

Post by SoggyBottomBoy »

My final weekend of the striper season is in the books. Marked tons of fish on Saturday morning but only managed 6 fish on Saturday. The fish moved and we just couldn't find them. Sunday was even tougher than Saturday with only a few boats catching any fish at all. I managed to limit out but I only needed two fish :) Looking like the spawn will be happening very soon and that'll wrap it up. The boat is home and the cleaning/ stripping will begin. The new boat should be here this week. Final tally for the season is 168 stripers landed with the biggest at 26.5 lbs, with over a dozen fish over 18lbs. Best year Ive had in a long time.
Catskillbob
Species: Stripers, Trout

Post by Catskillbob »

SoggyBottomBoy - What was this discount lure you spoke of a few years ago?