vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Anyone have Venison hanging yet?

Post by vtfishin »

nothing this am for me...
Dockside

Re: Anyone have Venison hanging yet?

Post by Dockside »

Not deer hunting this year, but I just dropped off half a deer today to a family who was hit pretty hard by the flood. VERMONT STRONG!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Dockside wrote:Not deer hunting this year, but I just dropped off half a deer today to a family who was hit pretty hard by the flood. VERMONT STRONG!
Very nice Ben...
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Post by vtfishin »

Dockside wrote:Not deer hunting this year, but I just dropped off half a deer today to a family who was hit pretty hard by the flood. VERMONT STRONG!
Nice!
shirefisher
Species: all

Post by shirefisher »

So I got this guy on cam only once during the day...

I got a few at night that are shooters... Not much moved during the day all Summer, I'm hoping things will change with the weather. I spent the last 2 mornings with no action except for the rain and wind and lots of geese flying. I persuaded my buddy to go out last night as the wind favored his stand. It took him all of 15 minutes to get this one...

111 lb doe under his stand 20 yard shot with a stock that was made easier with the wind and rain! 2 shots with the 2 blade rage and she didn't go any further than 20 feet!
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

Thanks for posting.

I've been waiting a long time for a VT deer story
raz
Site Admin

Post by raz »

Ah...finally some meat!
Congrats to you and your buddy...Eat well!!!
Gerry
northernnightmare
Species: the finned variety

Post by northernnightmare »

Nice looking doe you got there congrats! My weekend was pretty much a bust, hunted sat morning outta my oak stand with 0 sightings, sat pm it was pouring so i put up a pop up blind and saw 0, sunday am i did see 2 turkeys. Sunday pm i was in the ER with a bad infection in my knee that i had been ignoring all weekend. By the time i climbed outta my stand at 11 yesterday i could hardly walk and after my dad and his buddy looked at my knee they told me to get to the ER. Some how i managed to get an infection in my knee. They put me on a IV antibiotic drip yesterday and sent me home with a prescription. I can walk on it today! May even try to go to a local stand this afternoon. -NN
OKRA II Not just a Veggie!!
shirefisher

Post by shirefisher »

So I did the burnt cork thing and covered my face, stayed out of the bedding zone where I jumped the deer too many times including a nice 8 pointer last year that my neighbors shot! I used scent free everything including stuffing my hunting clothes in a bag of apples for a week and using scent free soap for a week! 3 mornings of doldrums but lots of geese flying over head that I could have shot, (one deer stand has worked great in the past for a goose blind!) And finally, went to the apple orchard to check on things and saw a lot of trails. Hooked up the summit climber, at 1630 spent the next 20 minutes using the range finder to double check the surroundings then finally just relaxed and enjoyed the view of Jay peak, listened to my neighbors chainsaw, the birds eatin' away at the hawthorn (true crab apple) and finally the swish sound of deer movement to my left, nope it's not the spider that was messin with me it's a deer out of the corner of my eye. I stand, steady the 40 yard pin low on the 35 yard shot and woosh.... smack the deer runs right at me, (I'm 20 feet up) and behind and gives me a nice neck shot at 18 yards one more rips!!!!! smack! Good shot! Blood spattered and I knew I hit the mark.... Waited 40 minutes till sunset and went home....

It started to rain and I worried then 2100 hit and I figured enough time went by.. got my buddy followed a great blood trail provided by NAP Bloodrunner 2 blades and my Bear bow and within 100 yards I found my biggest doe ever, have not weighted her yet but she's gotta be 125lbs.

A good start to 2011 deer hunting!
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

Great job Shire! Those older does are smart and wily, enjoy some fine dining!
raz
Site Admin

Post by raz »

Very nice Doe...
Now I'm hungry!
Congrats on the successful hunt!
Gerry
shirefisher

Post by shirefisher »

She weighed in at 150 pounds!
A trophy doe!
northernnightmare

Nice doe! congrats. Beats my biggest doe by 3lbs. I have found that taking a big mature doe can be tougher than a 1.5yo buck sometimes. I sure have been busted by doe's more than bucks.
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

Nice doe ,i shot a nice 8 pointer just off jay peak, boy that gets the memories going,it would probably take me all day to get up the lone trail.lols,BUMP.
Roger Lav
northernnightmare

My uncle has a camp off of 105 and from where it sits on the mountain we look right across at the top of the tram at Jay. We usually spend the 2nd week chasing deer up there and my father has taken 2 over 200lbs up there. Love hunting up there.